Portal email: September 14th
Declaration approved: September 21st
Received eCoPR: September 22nd
PR card: Still waiting…

My photo and address still under review

Reactions: fernandaontario

Navny

Jan 27, 2021
I don't know why do they change our status when they cant process the PR card in a short timeline. At least with the previous temporary status, we will have our valid visa to travel in case of emergency or meet our family! This COPR is now so useless, like floating in between! Horrible system.

• Sad

fernandaontario

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
Barrie
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
I don't know why do they change our status when they cant process the PR card in a short timeline. At least with the previous temporary status, we will have our valid visa to travel in case of emergency or meet our family! This COPR is now so useless, like floating in between! Horrible system.
Totally agree with you. I had an open work permit with a valid visa to leave and come back to canada if I needed/wanted to but now I’m stuck here waiting for my Pr card to be approved and mailed to me…. It’s awful… they should do something about it. Having to apply for a PRTD outside of Canada is not a solution since it can take months to get approved, the eCoPR should be proof enough of residency. If visas are electronically linked to our passports, why can’t they do the same with our eCoPR? Beyond frustrating.

Ysingh09

Nov 8, 2021
I agree with you, right now i feel so stuck. Whats da point of online portal if it's gona take same time as regular portal.

• Sad

fernandaontario

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
Barrie
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Good news everyone. As of today, the processing times for PR card on the website went from 105 to 89 days… I’m keeping the faith that everything would go faster… does anyone know if the time was stuck for weeks before? I didn’t start paying attention to it until recently

fernandaontario

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
Barrie
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
As of today, New PR card processing time has come down from 120days to 105days in "Check Processing times" page.
So hopefully we will be getting our cards before our travel.

My eCOPR date is Oct12 and my planned travel date is Jan 28th!
All the best :)
Update: the processing times went down to 89 days!! #Ibelieveinmiracles lol