+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Portal login information

DianneS97

Aug 9, 2019
App. Filed.......
25-07-2019
Hello everyone!

I received an email from IRCC asking for information and all I had to do was reply to it and they would respond with my login information for the PR Portal so I can declare my presence in Canada and submit a photo. I immediately replied and I got an automated response without any login information. It's been 6 days and there still hasn't been any updates. I tried calling the hotline and I checked my spam folder but nothing. Is this normal?

Thank you!

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Hello, it is normal, although you can reply back to that Portal 1 email to nudge them to send you the Portal 2 email

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hello everyone!

I received an email from IRCC asking for information and all I had to do was reply to it and they would respond with my login information for the PR Portal so I can declare my presence in Canada and submit a photo. I immediately replied and I got an automated response without any login information. It's been 6 days and there still hasn't been any updates. I tried calling the hotline and I checked my spam folder but nothing. Is this normal?

Thank you!
Did you apply online or paper? If you applied online, you probably applied through the new online portal. If yes, log in to that portal and you would see a new tab for the PR Confirmation.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello everyone!

Thank you!
Check the emails before this email. The log-in should be in an email prior to this. It should have words like "Congratulations we are about to finalise your application....".

DianneS97

Aug 9, 2019
App. Filed.......
25-07-2019
Check the emails before this email. The log-in should be in an email prior to this. It should have words like "Congratulations we are about to finalise your application....".
The only email I have from IRCC is this one. It says:
Welcome to the Permanent Resident Confirmation portal process. The attached PDF contains information and instructions regarding the confirmation portal process for your review. Once you have reviewed the document, hit reply to send the requested information outline in the document.

The file attached says:

Your application for permanent residence is now ready for finalization pending the confirmation
of your permanent residence status. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent
Resident Portal (PR Confirmation).
Please provide the requested information within 7 calendar days to ensure there are no undue
delays.
Confirming your permanent residence using the portal
In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependants (if applicable) are in Canada, provide
your Canadian address and submit your photo to create a permanent resident card.
In the portal there are two steps: step 1: declaring your presence in Canada is a requirement to
become a permanent resident and step 2: submitting a photo and a Canadian address is a
requirement to receive your permanent resident card.
You must have an email address in order to complete this process. You need to access the
portal yourself. Your representative cannot access the portal on your behalf. If you are a
representative and are receiving this email on behalf of a client, you must forward this
message to your client.
Next steps:
 As the principal applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your dependants (if applicable). If you
would prefer your dependants to have their own accounts, please indicate so in your
reply to this email and provide their valid email addresses.
 In your reply to this email, copy and paste the template below and fill in the information
for yourself and for each member of your family (if applicable). If you are not sure of
the exact date(s) of your entries to Canada, you can provide your best estimate. IRCC
requires this information in order for us to create a Confirmation of Permanent
Residence document for you (and your family members if applicable) and to create an
account for you to become permanent resident(s) through the portal.

 Name as it appears on your passport:
 Height in either centimetres or feet and inches:
 Eye Colour:
 UCI:
 Personal email (one for the whole family):
 Personal phone number:
 Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD):
 Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
 Location of last entry (which Canadian border or Canadian airport):
 Are you currently inside Canada (yes or no):
 If you are not inside Canada
o When is your expected return date (YYYY/MM/DD):
o In which country are you currently located:

I tried to login to the portal using the details when I applied for PR but it wasn't letting me

DianneS97

Aug 9, 2019
App. Filed.......
25-07-2019
Did you apply online or paper? If you applied online, you probably applied through the new online portal. If yes, log in to that portal and you would see a new tab for the PR Confirmation.
I applied online through Express Entry. On the application tracker it still says "In progress" and on the application it says:
Latest update:
Final decision - June 27, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I've tried to log in through the portal but it won't let me

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Welcome to the Permanent Resident Confirmation portal process. The attached PDF contains information and instructions regarding the confirmation portal process for your review. Once you have reviewed the document, hit reply to send the requested information outline in the document.

The file attached says:

Your application for permanent residence is now ready for finalization pending the confirmation
of your permanent residence status. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent
Please provide the requested information within 7 calendar days to ensure there are no undue
delays.
In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependants (if applicable) are in Canada, provide
your Canadian address and submit your photo to create a permanent resident card.
In the portal there are two steps: step 1: declaring your presence in Canada is a requirement to
become a permanent resident and step 2: submitting a photo and a Canadian address is a
You must have an email address in order to complete this process. You need to access the
portal yourself. Your representative cannot access the portal on your behalf. If you are a
representative and are receiving this email on behalf of a client, you must forward this
message to your client.
Next steps:
 As the principal applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your dependants (if applicable). If you
would prefer your dependants to have their own accounts, please indicate so in your
 In your reply to this email, copy and paste the template below and fill in the information
for yourself and for each member of your family (if applicable). If you are not sure of
the exact date(s) of your entries to Canada, you can provide your best estimate. IRCC
Residence document for you (and your family members if applicable) and to create an

 Eye Colour:
 UCI:
 Personal phone number:

I tried to login to the portal using the details when I applied for PR but it wasn't letting me

The file attached says:

delays.
message to your client.
Next steps:

 Eye Colour:
 UCI:
 Personal phone number:

This is the attachment you are referring to, read the email. It should have log in details under bold letters.

DianneS97

Aug 9, 2019
App. Filed.......
25-07-2019
This is the attachment you are referring to, read the email. It should have log in details under bold letters.
That's the only thing written on the actual email. The attachment doesn't have anything either.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I applied online through Express Entry. On the application tracker it still says "In progress" and on the application it says:
Latest update:
Final decision - June 27, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I've tried to log in through the portal but it won't let me
When you applied your federal PR, did you apply here?

https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

or did you apply through your gckey?

DianneS97

Aug 9, 2019
App. Filed.......
25-07-2019
Weird. I had this thing in attachment and log in details in email. Are you inland?
Yup. I wish I could speak to an actual person but I keep getting bots when I call their hotline even when I emailed the address they sent me, it just gave an auto-reply

DianneS97

Aug 9, 2019
App. Filed.......
25-07-2019
Wait for a couple more days. Your agentmight have missed their morning coffee.
Fingers crossed that it was just because of the long weekend, but everyone I've seen got theirs within the day so I'm scared I'm gonna lose it