+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Photo Rejection

selvacbe5

Dec 31, 2010
We are a family of 3 have done our landing and 2 of us received our PR cards. My daughter’s photo got rejected and we have received a letter requesting her to come in person within 180 days with one of the parents. We couldn’t return to Canada within 180 days due to personal reasons. Now we are planning to move to Canada permanently and I have the below questions
1) Do I have to apply for a travel document for my daughter? My Daughter is a US citizen.
2) Do I have start the PR processing for her starting afresh?
Request your help.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) Since your daughter is visa exempt, she will only need her US passport and her Canadian PR landing documents to get in.

2) No, but because you waited more than 180 days, she has lost her chance of the first free PR card so you will now have to apply for a PR card for her and pay a $50 processing fee. You can find the application form here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prcard.asp

fran137

Oct 11, 2008
hi Leon
happy new year
my daughter too has to go back for her photo the thing i need to know is why does she need a travel doc as she is already a landed immigrant and cant we just show the immigration officer the red letter recieved from CIC and the landing paper which is stapled to her passport which is the proof of landing and the entry visa is there too wont that suffice.
i will have to make this trip with her as she is under age we have to go before 3rd may i plan to travel in feb.
i would like your input on this as this is one problem all of us are facing.
i am from dubai.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fran137 said:
my daughter too has to go back for her photo the thing i need to know is why does she need a travel doc as she is already a landed immigrant and cant we just show the immigration officer the red letter recieved from CIC and the landing paper which is stapled to her passport which is the proof of landing and the entry visa is there too wont that suffice.
The travel document is not needed for immigration so much, it is needed for the airline to let you board the plane. They do not want the responsibility of having brought some people to Canada who are denied entry so they will most likely require your daughter to have a PR card, travel document or another visa to Canada before they let her board the plane unless she is visa exempt like the US child in the first post.