+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR mailing after 'soft' landing

maple_syrup2021

May 25, 2020
Hi,
I am a FSW applicant - CoPR & PR visa approved.

I am planning to do a soft landing and staying for a week. I will be flying to YVR Vancouver airport as it's the closet airport to me. My final destination in CoPR is Toronto.

- Can the officer at the a YVR airport reject initiating a PR card request for reasons such as arriving in a different 'destination' province?

- Do I need to attend any landing interview in Ontario or are the airport landing procedures enough to receive the PR card by mail? I am an overseas FSW applicant.

- I have put in a relative mailing address in Ontario and they would mail the PR card to me once it arrives in the mail, is that considered an acceptable approach?

- Roughly how many days post-landing the PR card arrives?

thank you for your support in advance!!!!

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi,

I am planning to do a soft landing and staying for a week. I will be flying to YVR Vancouver airport as it's the closet airport to me. My final destination in CoPR is Toronto.

- Can the officer at the a YVR airport reject initiating a PR card request for reasons such as arriving in a different 'destination' province?

- Do I need to attend any landing interview in Ontario or are the airport landing procedures enough to receive the PR card by mail? I am an overseas FSW applicant.

- I have put in a relative mailing address in Ontario and they would mail the PR card to me once it arrives in the mail, is that considered an acceptable approach?

1. No, you can land anywhere.
2. Airport landing procedures will cover PR card.

Unsure about #3 and #4.

eccv

Star Member
Sep 9, 2023
3. Yes
4. The processing time at the moment for the first PR card is 55 days, but this has been slowly climbing up as far as I know.

DR.GULRASOOL

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Hi,

Hello,
Regarding your query:
I have put in a relative mailing address in Ontario and they would mail the PR card to me once it arrives in the mail, is that considered an acceptable approach?

Where did you provide this address. I will be doing soft landing end of this month. An dwant Pr cards to be delivered to my friends.
Kindly elaborate...Thanks

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello,
Regarding your query:
I have put in a relative mailing address in Ontario and they would mail the PR card to me once it arrives in the mail, is that considered an acceptable approach?

Where did you provide this address. I will be doing soft landing end of this month. An dwant Pr cards to be delivered to my friends.
Kindly elaborate...Thanks
Just give the officer your friend's address for PR card when they ask for it. That's all you need to do.

Reactions: DR.GULRASOOL