+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR living abroad with Canadian Spouse

conn1

Jan 1, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I have a few questions concerning our plans to move back to Canada.
I am a PR landed in 1995 lived in Canada for 12 years, married a Canadian and moved back to my home country Switzerland due to family issues. I have been back in Switzerland for 12 years and my husband has been here 10 years. I have applied for a PRTD 2 times in the past I have asked for long term multiple entry PRTD both times and received PRTD without issues each time but they were both only valid for 6 months. No reason mentioned why I can't get multiple entry PRTD.
Now we are seriously thinking of moving back to Canada permanently but there are some concerns I have which I hope someone can help me with.
During the time back in Switzerland I lost my Social Insurance Card, I don't have any paperwork which shows this number. I am pretty confident that I know my SIN by heart, but I searched online and saw that I need a valid PR in order for them to be able to confirm it.
Same thing goes for getting Health Insurance coverage, and since I can't apply to renew my PR card until I am in the country, my fear is that we give up everything here on a whole bunch of maybes, I mean technically all I will likely have is a PRTD which will be expired shortly after landing if they issue me one valid for 6 months again.
And a PR card which expired in 2009.
Is there anything I can do from abroad to not have to wait 6 months before I can do anything in Canada (get a job, healthcare coverage etc.)
I look forward to hearing your input. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'd be best off posting to the Permanent Residency Obligation section of the forum.

Reactions: conn1