+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR landing

moliKT

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
I did my landing last week in canada and started back to my home country due to unavoidable reason.

I didnt give canada address to send my PR card as I didnt have one from that province. I thought I can update online later... but its been week still the online service says they cannot see my application... I am worried... is that something because am out of canada now? will they be able to track.. this shouldnt affect my PR card processing right.. Can someone Please let me know if you have any idea.. Thanks

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
I still cannot see my application in the address update portal even two months after landing :)
However, when I applied for PRTD a month after it was successfully processed.
As far as updating of address is concerned I raised a CSE though not sure whether it has been updated or not.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
I still cannot see my application in the address update portal even two months after landing :)
As far as updating of address is concerned I raised a CSE though not sure whether it has been updated or not.
Couple of questions about the PRTD:
- Why did you apply for one? Was it simply because you didn't provide an address while landing?
- How easy was the process?
- Did you have to include an LOE?

Thanks.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Couple of questions about the PRTD:
- Why did you apply for one? Was it simply because you didn't provide an address while landing?
- Get the PRTD and collect the PR card yourself. This way I did away with the PR card being sent by post outside of Canada.
- How easy was the process?
- pretty easy. Fill the form, submit it with documents at the nearest vfs. Got the passport stamped in two weeks. Documents that I had attached were the ones which I had handy, was not required to go anywhere for it.
- Did you have to include an LOE?
- two things which they look for when issuing the PRTD, one is that you are a PR and second is that you can meet the residency requirements of a PR( have enough time available for completing the two year stay in Canada out of 5). As I had just became a PR there were no such restrictions. In case one cannot then one needs to apply on humanatarian grounds and give an LOE. There is a column in the form which is mandatory for ones who are not having enough time available for meeting the residency requirements of PR.
For others it is optional. Here in I had filled that since I became a PR 2 months back, I have with me 4 years and 10 months to satisfy the 2 year residency PR requirement.

Thanks.

Reactions: uppperkut

moliKT

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
I am not getting it....for address notification to send PR card... its different link..

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=coanotify

even after a week... still it says details cannot be found when i provide my application detais... :( not sure how i can give my address to receive my PR CARD....

Mahadev87

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Don't worry, Just apply PRTD and reach Canada re-apply for PR Card.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
I am not getting it....for address notification to send PR card... its different link..

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=coanotify

even after a week... still it says details cannot be found when i provide my application detais... :( not sure how i can give my address to receive my PR CARD....
I had used the Start link under section change your address online in the below link

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=2.22912892.677415946.1503325092-408420020.1477423590

It redirects to the same link which you have given. To date I do not get to see my details there.
As details were not found, I clicked on link 'web form' same section and followed the steps. This is where I updated the address though not sure whether CIC have updated it in their records or not.
Have seen the above happen for lot many here so you need not worry.

Try linking your application in the CIC account and there you would get to see the status of your PR card. Here ensure the place of birth you enter is as per your passport details, comma and space matters.

moliKT

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Hi I am not in a situation to travel in near time..thats why i am concerned... I thout online update tool should work... but its not even after a week....thats why i thout chekcing here if experts has any idea about this online update

moliKT

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
I had used the Start link under section change your address online in the below link

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=2.22912892.677415946.1503325092-408420020.1477423590

It redirects to the same link which you have given. To date I do not get to see my details there.
As details were not found, I clicked on link 'web form' same section and followed the steps. This is where I updated the address though not sure whether CIC have updated it in their records or not.
Have seen the above happen for lot many here so you need not worry.

Try linking your application in the CIC account and there you would get to see the status of your PR card. Here ensure the place of birth you enter is as per your passport details, comma and space matters.
Thanks for the detailed response.... but this webform CSE request is usually used to request any update before obtaining PR is it?can i now use this webform asking to send my PR CARD giving address?

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Thanks for the detailed response.... but this webform CSE request is usually used to request any update before obtaining PR is it?can i now use this webform asking to send my PR CARD giving address?
Actually I am also not sure whether it works or not. I have not heard from CIC still.
However, if you navigate through the from you would see there is an option to select 'permanent resident card-initial card' so assuming it is for first time PR card too.

Select 'Permanent Resident Card' under 'Type of Application/enquiry (required)' and then 'Permanent Resident Card-Initial card' under 'Type of Application/enquiry(continued)

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
So if while landing you cant provide an address to send PR card to, as I will be renting temporary place for like a month or 2 till I settle, what options do I have? Can i collect the card myself when its ready? Or do I have to wait till I have a permanent address ?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
So if while landing you cant provide an address to send PR card to, as I will be renting temporary place for like a month or 2 till I settle, what options do I have? Can i collect the card myself when its ready? Or do I have to wait till I have a permanent address ?
I think you would have the option of updating your address later using the webform. I don't think there's an option of collecting the card personally.

Reactions: dr feras

moliKT

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Actually I am also not sure whether it works or not. I have not heard from CIC still.
However, if you navigate through the from you would see there is an option to select 'permanent resident card-initial card' so assuming it is for first time PR card too.

Select 'Permanent Resident Card' under 'Type of Application/enquiry (required)' and then 'Permanent Resident Card-Initial card' under 'Type of Application/enquiry(continued)
ok Thanks.. I shall try sending the webform. just curious... u have also submitted webform for your PRcard?

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
ok Thanks.. I shall try sending the webform. just curious... u have also submitted webform for your PRcard?
Yes, web form.
The link which they provided in the form( given by immigration official at airport) did not work for me and could not fax the form as the number which they have given cannot be dialled from my country.
Next few days would try calling them to know the status of PR card and address.