+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR landing with expired work permit

ek_cool

Nov 26, 2014
Hi All,

I have received my COPR(for me and my spouse) last week and I'm yet to do the landing.

Both of our work permit expired on November 2015 and the extension was applied at the end of October.

Can I do the landing at Niagara Falls with only expired work permit or Is it better to do the landing at Etobicoke office? Will I be getting questions at the border working here with expired work permit when I go to Niagara falls?

Please advise!

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ek_cool said:
Hi All,

I have received my COPR(for me and my spouse) last week and I'm yet to do the landing.

Both of our work permit expired on November 2015 and the extension was applied at the end of October.

Can I do the landing at Niagara Falls with only expired work permit or Is it better to do the landing at Etobicoke office? Will I be getting questions at the border working here with expired work permit when I go to Niagara falls?

Please advise!

Thanks
1. You will have to "land" at a border port, as one of the criteria for an "inland" landing is a holder of a valid work/study/visitor permit, which you don't have at the moment.

ek_cool

Nov 26, 2014
Thanks PMM !

So, Its a better option to do Inland landing at the local cic office.

Will they raise concerns with the expired work permit and do I have to carry any additional documents.

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
@ek_col when you applied for a workpermit extension on same category you are consider implied status and still it is legal to stay and work even, so in local CIC office they should be able to see you are in implied status when you mention your case # for workpermit extension applied.