+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Landing Experience from 2022

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
I landed on 20-Nov-2022 at YYZ. It was very smooth and quick. We were asked below question by officer:
1. Have you ever been convicted by criminal case?
2. are there any dependent which are not listed on COPR?
3. how much cash carrying in CAD?
4. Address for PR card?

Officer did not ask about list of good accompanying.

canadavisaagg

Nov 29, 2022
All, I am planning to do soft landing BY AIR to the YYZ airport. I plan to come back same day from Toronto to US. It looks like I will have issues providing my PR address to start that process - does anyone share their experience on whether they were able to get PR card after leaving?

My questions are -

1. Soft landing to YYZ and return same day - any issues?
2. If the border patrol does not want to accept Canada address, what should I do?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
All, I am planning to do soft landing BY AIR to the YYZ airport. I plan to come back same day from Toronto to US. It looks like I will have issues providing my PR address to start that process - does anyone share their experience on whether they were able to get PR card after leaving?

My questions are -

1. Soft landing to YYZ and return same day - any issues?
2. If the border patrol does not want to accept Canada address, what should I do?
1. Yes.
2. You cannot convince them. Same happened to me at the Detroit border. I plan on applying for the PR card after moving to Canada permanently.

Reactions: marc06

aall

Mar 3, 2020
AOR Received.
19-08-2019
Hey all, thought I'd share my experience on my recent landing (soft landing).

I came in on Decemeber 6th to do a soft landing. After filling out the information on the kiosk, an officer will guide you to the area where the immigration officers are (literally right after the kiosks area). In there I met a line that was fairly long, but was moving at good speed. This is because there were people there to do different things, ie study permits, pr landing etc. I would say the wait was about half hour.

After this we proceeded to the officer. There I told the officer that I came to do my landing and handed him the passport and Copr document, after which he asked literally 3 questions on if there were any police charges or criminal offenses, and most importantly an address in Canada. He didn't ask for anything else.

I was then told to sit and wait, which took about 5 minutes, then he called me back to the counter to sign my documents. He gave me back the copy which comes with the copr and said that the pr card will be mailed to the address provided and would take about 3 months, and that was it.

In all the experience was smooth and took no more than 10 to 15 minutes, apart from the wait in the line. It also seemed to go that way for mostly everyone that was in front of me.

All the best to everyone! Trust in God that everything will go smooth!

mimi234

Apr 16, 2021
What happens if you don't have a permanent address? :( I don't have friends or family over there to help me and I can only do a soft landing so that my COPR doesn't expire, hopefully will move over by summer time. Can I just get my COPR signed and collect my sin during my soft landing stay, then when I come back then apply for the pr card? Do they maybe provide a paper version of the pr?

Reactions: CoolUk2

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
What happens if you don't have a permanent address? :( I don't have friends or family over there to help me and I can only do a soft landing so that my COPR doesn't expire, hopefully will move over by summer time. Can I just get my COPR signed and collect my sin during my soft landing stay, then when I come back then apply for the pr card? Do they maybe provide a paper version of the pr?
You can apply for the SIN on any Service Canada office and get it same day. You need your passport, COPR and an Canadian address (they asked me and they mailed a copy). You need to figure out what address you gonna give. Some people get an mailbox, but not sure if they accept it. To return back, you will need a PR card or an PRTD. Since you won't be getting an PR card, you can apply for PRTD (Processing time 4- 8 weeks or shorter at times). You can only travel with your COPR and Passport by land border on a peroneal or rental vehicle. Otherwise, you need a PRTD document to enter Canada by air, ship or by any other commercial means.

Yes, you can apply for PR card after you land in Canada which is what I am going to do.

Reactions: CoolUk2 and mimi234

mimi234

Apr 16, 2021
You can apply for the SIN on any Service Canada office and get it same day. You need your passport, COPR and an Canadian address (they asked me and they mailed a copy). You need to figure out what address you gonna give. Some people get an mailbox, but not sure if they accept it. To return back, you will need a PR card or an PRTD. Since you won't be getting an PR card, you can apply for PRTD (Processing time 4- 8 weeks or shorter at times). You can only travel with your COPR and Passport by land border on a peroneal or rental vehicle. Otherwise, you need a PRTD document to enter Canada by air, ship or by any other commercial means.

Yes, you can apply for PR card after you land in Canada which is what I am going to do.
Thank you!:)

Reactions: RSub

d3ftar

Mar 19, 2021
I got an email from the Sydney Care Center to confirm my address for PR card dispatch on November 22. It has been close to a month since then but I have not received the card. I haven't received any tracking information as well. Is there a way to understand by when can I expect the card to arrive in the mail ? Should I ask for updates over phone or via webform ?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hello,

I am landing on 11th January for the first time. Not been active on the forum last 6 months or so. I guess no need to register ArriveCAN, no Covid-19 pre-arrival needed?

Anything needed these days?

Thank you.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Hello,

I am landing on 11th January for the first time. Not been active on the forum last 6 months or so. I guess no need to register ArriveCAN, no Covid-19 pre-arrival needed?

Thank you.
Fill out the Accompanying Goods and (if you plan anything later) Goods to follow. Take pictures and write estimated cost for your jewelry (if you have any). They will ask you for the address for PR card. Ask a friend/relative to provide you with one. If you are from India, check out Scotiabank; you can open a bank account with them before you arrive and draft some money there.

My personal advice is to give power of attorney to someone in your family if you need anything from your home country while you in Canada.

Reactions: nns14

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello,

Thank you.
First of all Congratulations.
Not so but it is no harm doing that since new variant booming up so you never know if something changes while you are up in air

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
They mail copies? Interesting.
Yes, it was strange. They mailed one for my wife and none for me. What they mailed was the same document that they gave us in person.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Yes, it was strange. They mailed one for my wife and none for me. What they mailed was the same document that they gave us in person.
Bizarre. The reason why they print it and give it to you at ServiceCanada is exactly to avoid shipping. So weird. Oh well. No harm done.

Reactions: RSub