USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hello everyone !!
I am planning to visit for two weeks, PR landing formality(soft landing)
Do I need a travel insurance?
You don't need travel insurance and from my experience Travel insurances (even from big companies) are scam.

Reactions: Yumna

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
You don't need travel insurance and from my experience Travel insurances (even from big companies) are scam.
hey
thanks for replying
Also, I am unable to find goods to follow forms.
appreciate if you could help

Dansal

Star Member
Oct 4, 2022
From Facebook:

Landing experience at YYZ Toronto- 3rd October
We took Air France from Delhi to Toronto with a layover at Paris! Great service throughout! Seats in economy are not crammed. Washrooms are clean!
Since we had the same airline, didn't have to worry about our luggage.
No transit visa was needed at Paris since we stayed in the international zone at the airport itself during our layover
After deplaning at Toronto, we went straight to the kiosks. Scanned our passport, verified our cbsa declaration (we had already filled it on Arrivecan), the kiosk took a picture and gave us a receipt. This receipt is very imp. Also details of all travellers under same application must be filled in together at the kiosk so you will get one receipt for all
Proceeded to immigration
Long queue. Took about 45 mins to reach the officer's counter. He asked 1-2 basic questions like have you been convicted of any crime in India or any other country ever?!
Stamped our COPR and we were good to go
The customs agent didn't ask us for anything. Just took the receipt from the kiosk!
Overall very smooth and hassle free experience
Hope this helps!
How much time did it take for you to get your passport back after PR stamping in India?

Reactions: sumitkamboj88

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Recent timelines are :-
Passport submitted at VFS - 07-Oct-2022
Delivered to IRCC - 10-Oct-2022
Delivered back to VFS after stamp - 17-Oct-2022
so, it took almost 10 days for me.

Reactions: Buho09

Empress32

Star Member
Apr 7, 2021
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
February 23, 2021
Med's Done....
15-03-2021
Landed in Toronto on Tuesday. Process was very quick. There was no wait time as I was the only one in line at the time. I gave the officer our COPR and passports (My son and I). She asked questions from the COPR like verifying if I was still single, how much money I am taking and address for PR card. I was told to wait in a waiting area until I am called. Sat for about 5 minutes then we were asked to sign both copies of the COPR. We were told 'Welcome to Canada' and that was that.

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Landed in Toronto on Tuesday. Process was very quick. There was no wait time as I was the only one in line at the time. I gave the officer our COPR and passports (My son and I). She asked questions from the COPR like verifying if I was still single, how much money I am taking and address for PR card. I was told to wait in a waiting area until I am called. Sat for about 5 minutes then we were asked to sign both copies of the COPR. We were told 'Welcome to Canada' and that was that.
Congratulation on your PR. I have a question, do we need to tell amount we have in cash ? or we also need tell the amount we have in the cards in CAD(eg. forex card...)

Reactions: RSub

Empress32

Star Member
Apr 7, 2021
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
February 23, 2021
Med's Done....
15-03-2021
They asked me how much cash I had on me, in both USD and CAD which totaled about $4500. They didn't ask to see it.

Reactions: Buho09 and RSub

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hello
My landing experience.

landed around 6pm on Monday
Airport was little busy.
I went to the kiosk
Took the slip and then directed to first landing PR queue, waited for about 25 mins.
Then called by an officer.
He asked to show COPR, address for mailing PR, asked how much CAD I am carrying and how much I am planning to bring in future.
Then he asked to sign the COPR, he kept one and gave the another copy after that he greeted Welcome to Canada and said you will receive your PR card after 6-8 months.
After this I was directed to another counter where they gave us welcome to canada brochure and guided us on how to get SIN.

then I was directed to collect our luggage and move to the exit.
Just before the exit I informed them that I have Goods to follow list, they guided me to custom area.
Gave them the form and list.
He took around 6-8 mins and handed me a form to give it to the cargo company or if any friend or relative is bringing in goods for you.

after this he said,you can exit.
Thats all!

Reactions: Buho09