+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR landing completed at Peace Arch border, no quarantine and returned to US using AVR

Aug 10, 2018
I provided my Canadian address but for some reason the officer never put it through and it still has my primary USA address. I need to submit the change of address to IRCC so that they can send the PR card to my Canada address.
May I ask how long did it take to receive your PR card from the day you landed? It has been 20 days for me but not receiving anything yet.

abhishekksk

Jan 4, 2021
hi i wanted to see if anyone else in the group in similar situation and if you can please share your suggestion- I got PR in early 2020 with one time entry stamp on passport expiring on mid may 2020. Obviously due to pandemic i could not travel and had submitted ircc web form informing the same. Earlier this month i got an email from IRCC saying, if i plan to come they can send an email which will extend my entry date till my medical validity. I replied and they sent the email using which i can enter along with already existing COPR documents. See excerpts from the mail. I had few questions:
1. If i do not travel will i just need to do medical again. I am asking because if they start calculating score again then i might fall outside minimum score.
2. I have valid H1 i797 extension with attached i94 till Oct 2022 but the stamp on the passport is expired in June 2020. I have heard that one can use Automatic visa renewal(AVR) to go to Canada and return within 30 days. I am thinking of going via Seattle Vancouver land border. Can i just do PR soft landing process and return on same day or i will have to quarantine for 14 days in Canada.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
hi i wanted to see if anyone else in the group in similar situation and if you can please share your suggestion- I got PR in early 2020 with one time entry stamp on passport expiring on mid may 2020. Obviously due to pandemic i could not travel and had submitted ircc web form informing the same. Earlier this month i got an email from IRCC saying, if i plan to come they can send an email which will extend my entry date till my medical validity. I replied and they sent the email using which i can enter along with already existing COPR documents. See excerpts from the mail. I had few questions:
1. If i do not travel will i just need to do medical again. I am asking because if they start calculating score again then i might fall outside minimum score.
2. I have valid H1 i797 extension with attached i94 till Oct 2022 but the stamp on the passport is expired in June 2020. I have heard that one can use Automatic visa renewal(AVR) to go to Canada and return within 30 days. I am thinking of going via Seattle Vancouver land border. Can i just do PR soft landing process and return on same day or i will have to quarantine for 14 days in Canada.
1) If your PR is approved why are you worried about your score? Don't even bother about CRS scores anymore, I am not sure what happens if you dont travel within your time period but you definitely need valid medicals to enter Canada.
2) You can use AVR and do soft landing, remember - You would need negative COVID result to re-enter USA, not sure if this applies to road travel.

Last edited:
Reactions: abhishekksk

akriti.arora5

Feb 11, 2021
Quick question I recently got H1B approved but my wife still did not get H4. can we still use AVR to return to US.
Hi Hardik, did you end up going? How was your experience? We are in the same boat. My husband has i797 but I haven't received my approval yet.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi Hardik, did you end up going? How was your experience? We are in the same boat. My husband has i797 but I haven't received my approval yet.
If your husband is the primary applicant, he can do the landing and come back using AVR. But you cannot travel unless you get your h4 approval.

akriti.arora5

Feb 11, 2021
If your husband is the primary applicant, he can do the landing and come back using AVR. But you cannot travel unless you get your h4 approval.
Thanks! Even if I have a valid I-94? A couple of people on a different thread shared that they were able to land and return to the US last month because the H4 holder had a valid I-94.

garbaczpaula

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-09-2019
Med's Done....
21-10-2019
Has anyone got any experience validating their COPR via land border on a us tourist visa?

Reactions: paulson15

lutesgardeb

Feb 14, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I also completed landing over the weekend at peace arch crossing (Blaine - Douglas).

1) Drove from SF Bay area (COPR approval date is June 2020)
2) Entered Canada and the lady asked if I am moving today and I said no, then she asked why are you not moving permanently today and I told her that because of COVID-19 I will need some time to arrange my permanent move and then she asked me to park my car. She also took our passports and COPR documents
3) Another officer came and took us inside the building and there was no one else in the building except the CBSA officers and us.
4) He asked us if we have any goods that we are taking today and any goods that needs to be followed. I told him we have goods to follow as I am not moving to Canada today and would return to US today. He made us sign the COPR document then and there.
5) He asked us to sit in the waiting area and when we were sitting in the waiting area, we could overhear the agents discussing if we need to quarantine or not. One officer said that now they are PR so they have to quarantine and then the another officer said logically we don't have to quarantine because we are returning back to US. After some time the officer called us to give us the stamped goods to follow list and our passports back with attached COPR document and told us you are PR now.
6) He showed us the way out and also told us from where to take the U-Turn.
7) At the US border post, I handed over the passports and I797 to the US border post agent.(We used AVR)
8) He pasted a yellow slip on the wind shield of our car and asked us to go the inspection area.
9) Another officer came and asked us the documents and I again handed over the passports and I-797 and then he went inside the building and came back after half an hour and handed over us the passports and I-797 and told us to proceed.

Thanks,
Amazing, thanks for this. Need to try for a soft landing at Peace Arch before COPR expires. Hopefully they haven’t decided to close this option. Fingers crossed

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hi All,
I went to validate COPR at peace bridge on 3/6 and was asked to quarantine, no U turn allowed. Soft landing isn't a problem if you can quarantine. I had to come back on 4th day of quarantine because my kid got an ear infection. I called covid hotline, they said I can leave if I keep quarantined in car and am not exposed to any Canadian.

Read section 8 on this link:
https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=39482&lang=en

Used AVR while coming back.

I am worried if officers will go to my place of quarantine (Airbnb) and don't find me, will they just report me. Anyone getting calls after they made the u-turn?

guca

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Hi All,
I went to validate COPR at peace bridge on 3/6 and was asked to quarantine, no U turn allowed. Soft landing isn't a problem if you can quarantine. I had to come back on 4th day of quarantine because my kid got an ear infection. I called covid hotline, they said I can leave if I keep quarantined in car and am not exposed to any Canadian.

Read section 8 on this link:
https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=39482&lang=en

Used AVR while coming back.

I am worried if officers will go to my place of quarantine (Airbnb) and don't find me, will they just report me. Anyone getting calls after they made the u-turn?
Yes, you will get a call, just tell them that you are in US now because of your above mentioned reason, then they will mark you off that list and stop calling you.

ft1523

Aug 30, 2019
Do you need covid test to return to US @Peace Bridge? My quarantine ends on Friday and planning to drive back on saturday and use AVR.