+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR landing completed at Peace Arch border, no quarantine and returned to US using AVR

fwscu

Feb 28, 2020
Dude thanks a lot for your post. I actually went today itself after seeing your post and came back.

Details:
Me on h1, wife in h4 . Both are stamps expired
Peace arch crossing.
The first Canadian agent that I passed through asked whether I would go back to US or stay in Canada after confirming pr. I said I'll turn back. Then I had to park on the stalls, they tookv my docs and in 20 mins was done. I was in car all the time. He told me how to turn around for US.

On US side, at the drive through check point I told agent that my stamps were expired but had valid i797.. Handed the same. She passed me to secondary inspection building. Again I had to stay in the car and an agent came and took papers. I was transparent and told them that I had gone for confirming my Canada PR.
I was done there in 20 mins.

I drove from Seattle to peace arch border.
Can I ask when your copr was approved?

Shahbaz12

Jul 24, 2019
Sure these are my answers;

They actually initiated card processing. The agent on the border told me that if I have a Canada address I can give it to him. I gave him my friends address. On forums I've read that they don't allow address unless you are residing so I was surprised. They just told me that they intitiated processing.

I went with 14 days clothes but I hadn't booked Airbnb coz I was feeling confident after this thread. I was confident that if needed I'll take Airbnb from Canadian border post
Thanks for your response bro! My stay has been reserved with AirBNB from 10th to 26th. Do you have any idea if I can cancel and get the full payment refunded?

hardikpatel123

Star Member
May 3, 2018
Sorry man, I've never booked through Airbnb. But when I was looking through listings I saw that some places had free cancellation for 48 hours. So I feel that cancellation must be allowed without coming but probably at a cost. Just search on the internet I guess :)

bcpnpapplicant

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2019
Dude thanks a lot for your post. I actually went today itself after seeing your post and came back.

Details:
Peace arch crossing.
The first Canadian agent that I passed through asked whether I would go back to US or stay in Canada after confirming pr. I said I'll turn back. Then I had to park on the stalls, they tookv my docs and in 20 mins was done. I was in car all the time. He told me how to turn around for US.

On US side, at the drive through check point I told agent that my stamps were expired but had valid i797.. Handed the same. She passed me to secondary inspection building. Again I had to stay in the car and an agent came and took papers. I was transparent and told them that I had gone for confirming my Canada PR.

You are welcome!
Exactly my experience on Friday except that I drove from San Francisco bay area
Back home now

Itsmsk66

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019

Details:
Peace arch crossing.

Quick question I recently got H1B approved but my wife still did not get H4. can we still use AVR to return to US.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Quick question I recently got H1B approved but my wife still did not get H4. can we still use AVR to return to US.
We dont have clear idea on what would happen to pending application. Not many faced this and posted on this here. CHeck with your lawyer to be safe while during this immigrant friendly EO period. You dont want to be stuck at wrong side of the border.

bcpnpapplicant

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2019
Travel is risky if people decide to cough on you :(

The shortest flight is 6 hrs from where I live
In these times travel is risky for sure. Most folks are forced to make tough decisions. We decided to drive for 15 hrs instead of taking a 2 hr flight to Vancouver and avoided layover, just drove all the way. I totally understand your concern

im2gaurav

Jun 16, 2018
Sure these are my answers;

They actually initiated card processing. The agent on the border told me that if I have a Canada address I can give it to him. I gave him my friends address. On forums I've read that they don't allow address unless you are residing so I was surprised. They just told me that they intitiated processing.

I went with 14 days clothes but I hadn't booked Airbnb coz I was feeling confident after this thread. I was confident that if needed I'll take Airbnb from Canadian border post
Hi Hardik,

Were you able to apply for SIN number?

im2gaurav

Jun 16, 2018
Don't bother to do this as service Canada offices are closed and you can also apply SIN number online from US giving US address proofs and get mails directly to US address
Thanks for the information. I have a PNP PR from Saskatchewan. So in this situation is it possible to land and return from toronto to usa.

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Thanks for the information. I have a PNP PR from Saskatchewan. So in this situation is it possible to land and return from toronto to usa.
Yes you can. I am also sinp guy and yesterday completed landing through blue water bridge and now quarantine for 2 weeks and after that I am going back to usa.

Reactions: im2gaurav