+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR landing completed at Peace Arch border, no quarantine and returned to US using AVR

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Okay thank you. I hope nothing changes in the next 15 days.
AVR is not affected by EO as people have been travelling after EO. So not to worry on that front. I hope that you have valid I94, if so then you are good.
I know, its ever changing dangerous environment but they dont issue EO monthly for the time being ;)

Roshwarner

Jul 6, 2020
AVR is not affected by EO as people have been travelling after EO. So not to worry on that front. I hope that you have valid I94, if so then you are good.
I know, its ever changing dangerous environment but they dont issue EO monthly for the time being ;)
Thank you so much! That’s a huge help:)

guptaks1991

Jul 23, 2019
Folks - Me, my wife and kids became Canadian PRs today at Peace Arch border. We were allowed to leave without quarantine. We made u-turn and returned to US POE. We were allowed to enter US using AVR option. Both of us have expired H1Bs.
what is your COPR approved date?
Did the CBSA specifically ask your COPR approved Date?

sameer318

Mar 16, 2019
Dude thanks a lot for your post. I actually went today itself after seeing your post and came back.

Details:
Me on h1, wife in h4 . Both are stamps expired
Peace arch crossing.
The first Canadian agent that I passed through asked whether I would go back to US or stay in Canada after confirming pr. I said I'll turn back. Then I had to park on the stalls, they tookv my docs and in 20 mins was done. I was in car all the time. He told me how to turn around for US.

On US side, at the drive through check point I told agent that my stamps were expired but had valid i797.. Handed the same. She passed me to secondary inspection building. Again I had to stay in the car and an agent came and took papers. I was transparent and told them that I had gone for confirming my Canada PR.
I was done there in 20 mins.

I drove from Seattle to peace arch border.
Thanks. This is very encouraging. I am planning to quarantine in my brother's apartment but now I think I should request if I can turn around instead. Also did you sign your CoPR while inside the car? I presume they took the CoPR and returned you the signed one. They also applied for the PR card to come to your friend's address

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Sure these are my answers;

They actually initiated card processing. The agent on the border told me that if I have a Canada address I can give it to him. I gave him my friends address. On forums I've read that they don't allow address unless you are residing so I was surprised. They just told me that they intitiated processing.

I went with 14 days clothes but I hadn't booked Airbnb coz I was feeling confident after this thread. I was confident that if needed I'll take Airbnb from Canadian border post
Hi there, did you have to given them the list of belongings that you'll bring to Canada? How does that work, they stamp your list and you have to show it next time you cross the border with said belongings in order to avoid taxation thereof?

kubernetes

Jun 23, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I also completed landing over the weekend at peace arch crossing (Blaine - Douglas).

1) Drove from SF Bay area (COPR approval date is June 2020)
2) Entered Canada and the lady asked if I am moving today and I said no, then she asked why are you not moving permanently today and I told her that because of COVID-19 I will need some time to arrange my permanent move and then she asked me to park my car. She also took our passports and COPR documents
3) Another officer came and took us inside the building and there was no one else in the building except the CBSA officers and us.
4) He asked us if we have any goods that we are taking today and any goods that needs to be followed. I told him we have goods to follow as I am not moving to Canada today and would return to US today. He made us sign the COPR document then and there.
5) He asked us to sit in the waiting area and when we were sitting in the waiting area, we could overhear the agents discussing if we need to quarantine or not. One officer said that now they are PR so they have to quarantine and then the another officer said logically we don't have to quarantine because we are returning back to US. After some time the officer called us to give us the stamped goods to follow list and our passports back with attached COPR document and told us you are PR now.
6) He showed us the way out and also told us from where to take the U-Turn.
7) At the US border post, I handed over the passports and I797 to the US border post agent.(We used AVR)
8) He pasted a yellow slip on the wind shield of our car and asked us to go the inspection area.
9) Another officer came and asked us the documents and I again handed over the passports and I-797 and then he went inside the building and came back after half an hour and handed over us the passports and I-797 and told us to proceed.

Thanks,

Last edited:

hardikpatel123

Star Member
May 3, 2018
Thanks. This is very encouraging. I am planning to quarantine in my brother's apartment but now I think I should request if I can turn around instead. Also did you sign your CoPR while inside the car? I presume they took the CoPR and returned you the signed one. They also applied for the PR card to come to your friend's address
Yes I did everything from the car

hardikpatel123

Star Member
May 3, 2018
Hi there, did you have to given them the list of belongings that you'll bring to Canada? How does that work, they stamp your list and you have to show it next time you cross the border with said belongings in order to avoid taxation thereof?
I told them that I want bringing anything and I have no idea what I will bring in future. So I didn't give any list

im2gaurav

Jun 16, 2018
Are you trying to return by air? Can you share your experience? I will be returning in 15 days by air through toronto Pearson airport. Any insights?
Hi,

I am still figuring out which will be the rite way to commute. Looking at the response on this forum people have returned by using land route. I have not heard anything about commute through air. Being a SINP candidate not sure if it is rite to land in toronto by road. Dint came across any such experience. Please suggest if you have any updates.

siddtox

Jul 6, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I also completed landing over the weekend at peace arch crossing (Blaine - Douglas).

1) Drove from SF Bay area (COPR approval date is June 2020)
2) Entered Canada and the lady asked if I am moving today and I said no, then she asked why are you not moving permanently today and I told her that because of COVID-19 I will need some time to arrange my permanent move and then she asked me to park my car. She also took our passports and COPR documents
3) Another officer came and took us inside the building and there was no one else in the building except the CBSA officers and us.
4) He asked us if we have any goods that we are taking today and any goods that needs to be followed. I told him we have goods to follow as I am not moving to Canada today and would return to US today. He made us sign the COPR document then and there.
5) He asked us to sit in the waiting area and when we were sitting in the waiting area, we could overhear the agents discussing if we need to quarantine or not. One officer said that now they are PR so they have to quarantine and then the another officer said logically we don't have to quarantine because we are returning back to US. After some time the officer called us to give us the stamped goods to follow list and our passports back with attached COPR document and told us you are PR now.
6) He showed us the way out and also told us from where to take the U-Turn.
7) At the US border post, I handed over the passports and I797 to the US border post agent.(We used AVR)
8) He pasted a yellow slip on the wind shield of our car and asked us to go the inspection area.
9) Another officer came and asked us the documents and I again handed over the passports and I-797 and then he went inside the building and came back after half an hour and handed over us the passports and I-797 and told us to proceed.

Thanks,
Hi kubernetes - Thanks for sharing your experience. This is very helpful. Quick question here since you mentioned that your COPR was June 2020 approved, didn't the Canadian border officers give you any grief over your travel being seen as perhaps nonessential under the current travel ban between Canada and the US?

I & my wife have our COPRs expiring end of August (April 2020 approved) and we are really looking to do this via land before then. Similar to your situation my H1B stamp is expired but I have a valid I797 (with valid I-94) and I am also planning to return via the AVR option. Lastly, similar to your situation I would also prefer not to quarantine for 14 days if possible so will be returning to US immediately after.

siddtox

Jul 6, 2020
Does anyone have a recent soft landing experience via land at the Peace Bridge border near Niagra falls/ Buffalo after the US immigration executive order with COPR approved after March 18th and who utilized the AVR facility to return to US.

My wife and I have our COPRs expiring end of August (April 2020 approved) and we are looking to do our soft landing near middle August this via land at the Buffalo/ Canada border. My H1B stamp is expired but I have a valid I797 (with valid I-94) and I am planning to return via the AVR option. Lastly, I would prefer not to quarantine for 14 days if possible and return to US immediately after. Looking to hear some positive experiences so I can take the plunge a bit more confidently.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Does anyone have a recent soft landing experience via land at the Peace Bridge border near Niagra falls/ Buffalo after the US immigration executive order with COPR approved after March 18th and who utilized the AVR facility to return to US.

My wife and I have our COPRs expiring end of August (April 2020 approved) and we are looking to do our soft landing near middle August this via land at the Buffalo/ Canada border. My H1B stamp is expired but I have a valid I797 (with valid I-94) and I am planning to return via the AVR option. Lastly, I would prefer not to quarantine for 14 days if possible and return to US immediately after. Looking to hear some positive experiences so I can take the plunge a bit more confidently.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-soft-landing-from-us-after-eo.693114/

Reactions: praveen07cse