+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Invite

Sunny_1010101

Oct 20, 2017
Hi there,

I got my invite for PR through Express Entry route. I've almost got all the relevant documents BUT I'm having an issue obtaining a reference from a former UK employer. I've been in Canada working for the past 18 months. I have references from HR for the positions here in Canada!

It seems the reference from the UK employer isn't going to happen (I'm holding on for another week before making my next decision.)

Currently for my previous employer I have:

- Original job offer (states job title, salary, start date)
- Bank statement that shows monthly deposits from the company
- A former manager who's willing to give a reference (works at a different company now)
- I have one pay stub as proof (pay stubs were online through secure mail so I don't have them all)

My question is, would this be enough?

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
Did you claim points for your UK work expedience? If you did, you would have to provide your UK employment reference letter.

Sunny_1010101

Oct 20, 2017
Hi, thanks for the response.

Yes, I claimed points for this.

I'm asking are the options to get past this as I said, it doesn't look like I'll get the company to give the reference BUT my manager who used to work there will give me a reference.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A reference letter in plain paper from your manager as well as proof that he worked for such company will be sufficient.

Sunny_1010101

Oct 20, 2017
Hi!

Thanks for the response. Just to confirm, my former manager who doesn't work for that company anymore can provide me with a reference if he has proof that he worked at that company?

Thanks!