+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR interview

reyeskath

Feb 7, 2020
Hi everyone,

I need some advise on this one. I received my passport with immigrant visa stamp with ky CoPR last Jan 10, 2020, and that newly stamped visa will expire Feb 14, 2020, yes, just 1 month, so I have 2 option to finalized my Permanent Residency, either to get an appointment for an interview or exit the Canadian boarder. Now I have heard that getting an appointment would take long but since my visa expires in a month I decided to just exit the boarder and now my flight back to Canada will happen this Feb 11. Then by Feb 4 I received an email confirming an appointment for my interview in Halifax on Feb 11 as well, by that time I am still on plane.

Now my concern is what if this would affect my PR application. I did sent an email to an email address they provided but I haven't receive any replies from them yet. Do any of you have the same situation?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,

I need some advise on this one. I received my passport with immigrant visa stamp with ky CoPR last Jan 10, 2020, and that newly stamped visa will expire Feb 14, 2020, yes, just 1 month, so I have 2 option to finalized my Permanent Residency, either to get an appointment for an interview or exit the Canadian boarder. Now I have heard that getting an appointment would take long but since my visa expires in a month I decided to just exit the boarder and now my flight back to Canada will happen this Feb 11. Then by Feb 4 I received an email confirming an appointment for my interview in Halifax on Feb 11 as well, by that time I am still on plane.

Now my concern is what if this would affect my PR application. I did sent an email to an email address they provided but I haven't receive any replies from them yet. Do any of you have the same situation?
You can just land when you fly back to Canada. It's not an issue.

Reactions: reyeskath