+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

Adam46

Jun 4, 2020
Hi guys, first I want to thank you all for the info shared.
I would like to share my timeline and ask for any opinions, I'm totally lost at this point.
I'm a single applicant, applying from Ontario, and under my PGWP visa.

AOR: October 25th
PPR: March 16th
Passport delivered to Ottawa office: March 19th
Application approval: May 12th
Passport back from Ottawa: May 25th

I have sent a webform requiring the appointment near my home address as required on the CoPR letter and they answered saying that all appoint are cancelled and blablabla.

On June 2nd, I receive one of those do-not-reply emails from CIC saying that they are still working on my application.

I tried to use the ecas website to check my status but they couldn't identify myself (first time using it).

PS: my PGWP expires at the end of July, should I apply for the bridging right now?

Would anyone have a light to calm down my heart?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, apply for a bridging PR visa. It will take 3 months to process and as long as you have applied you are legally protected and can stay in Canada.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
has anyone linked the PR card application in MyCIC account with a condition of COPR not received in the past. Just the PR email directly

JoeyDi

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2019
AOR Received.
23-09-2019
Received my PR email and mailed my COPR to the landing office, good luck everyone.

Reactions: johnrance87

paul719

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
bc
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-june-2013
AOR Received.
10 july 2013
File Transfer...
10 july 2013
Med's Done....
25 may 2013
Passport Req..
15 aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 4 March 2014
Received my PR email and mailed my COPR to the landing office, good luck everyone.
Congrats and could u plz share ur timeline.thx

AHYO

Jan 17, 2015
has anyone linked the PR card application in MyCIC account with a condition of COPR not received in the past. Just the PR email directly
Yes I did that, and it was successful. Use your passport information and PR letter information. It works.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Yes I did that, and it was successful. Use your passport information and PR letter information. It works.
Thanks. Couple of questions.
1. Family name, City/Town of Birth should be in upper case or lower case?
2. The date on my PR letter is different from the day I got the PR Letter. Which one should I use ?

C.Mei.L

Apr 27, 2020
Finally got the pr confirmation letter today. My experience seems a bit different from most of others. I'm an inland(Vancouver) applicant and got a landing appointment letter saying that landing interview is scheduled on March 16 without PPR/COPR, but of course, the landing interview was cancelled due to covid situation. Since then I've phoned in and also sent webforms to ask about when the landing can be scheduled and only got generic reply from IRCC. Then FINALLY today I received a telephone landing interview call from IRCC(No caller ID) this afternoon and the agent just asked me a few questions (Address/if have committed any crime etc.) and then about one hour later the pr confirmation letter is updated on MYCIC. And in the letter, I'm just asked to send IRCC vancouver office two photos in order to apply for pr card.

Good luck to all of those people here still waiting for their pr mail! Hope you can get yours soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dsgfire

AHYO

Jan 17, 2015
Thanks. Couple of questions.
1. Family name, City/Town of Birth should be in upper case or lower case?
2. The date on my PR letter is different from the day I got the PR Letter. Which one should I use ?
1. I used the exact format in my international passport, which i also maintained on my profile. Mine was capital letters.
2. The COPR date, the date on the letter itself. Check mate it with your COPR date on ur Mycic account.

Dsgfire

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Finally got the pr confirmation letter today. My experience seems a bit different from most of others. I'm an inland(Vancouver) applicant and got a landing appointment letter saying that landing interview is scheduled on March 16 without PPR/COPR, but of course, the landing interview was cancelled due to covid situation. Since then I've phoned in and also sent webforms to ask about when the landing can be scheduled and only got generic reply from IRCC. Then FINALLY today I received a telephone landing interview call from IRCC(No caller ID) this afternoon and the agent just asked me a few questions (Address/if have committed any crime etc.) and then about one hour later I got the pr email. And in the email, I'm just asked to send IRCC vancouver office two photos in order to apply for pr card.

Good luck to all of those people here still waiting for their pr mail! Hope you can get yours soon!
Congratulations.... can you please share the email ID of IRCC vancouver

paul719

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
bc
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-june-2013
AOR Received.
10 july 2013
File Transfer...
10 july 2013
Med's Done....
25 may 2013
Passport Req..
15 aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 4 March 2014
Finally got the pr confirmation letter today. My experience seems a bit different from most of others. I'm an inland(Vancouver) applicant and got a landing appointment letter saying that landing interview is scheduled on March 16 without PPR/COPR, but of course, the landing interview was cancelled due to covid situation. Since then I've phoned in and also sent webforms to ask about when the landing can be scheduled and only got generic reply from IRCC. Then FINALLY today I received a telephone landing interview call from IRCC(No caller ID) this afternoon and the agent just asked me a few questions (Address/if have committed any crime etc.) and then about one hour later I got the pr email. And in the email, I'm just asked to send IRCC vancouver office two photos in order to apply for pr card.

Congrats..if u d

Oxygen25

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi People, I recently got an email with PR confirmation letter. I applied with my 2-year-old boy, and even though the application says 'approved', we still have not received his own confirmation letter.

Are we supposed to wait for it, or the confirmation letter sent to me (the primary applicant) is sufficient for PR card application for both of us, even though no mention of my son's details on it?

Kindly share your experience. Thank you so much.

Reactions: Dsgfire