+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

Jamesdee

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
I also got Confirmation of Permanent Residency email today from CIC-Etobicoke-Landings.
It says I need to send the copy of COPR and a pic to the address mentioned in the letter for the PR card.

Do you know if we need to sign the IRCC copy of COPR and send it to address mentioned in the email along with a photo?
I'm not sure, but we're not going to sign it before we send it.

ttttttttt

Jun 4, 2020
Hi Guys,

Here is the timeline:

Received Pre-arrival service notice on May 27
Medical received on May 28
Decision made on June 1
You entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on June 2, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident

Never receive the request for the passport, and so far I haven't received any email yet.

Does anyone have a similar experience? Any suggestion?
Thank you.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Anyone with "You entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on June 2, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident" in GCkey account received Landing Confirmation e-mail?

Reactions: armsfiesta

armsfiesta

Apr 2, 2015
Anyone with "You entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on June 2, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident" in GCkey account received Landing Confirmation e-mail?
Not yet !

For my wife also same msg , we are also waiting for the email !

JayTriVedi

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
10-09-2019
Doc's Request.
Attchd with application
Passport Req..
14-03-2020
LANDED..........
02-06-2020
I called customer service num yesterday and the agent confirmed it for me that I landed on June 2. I am still waiting for an official letter.

PS: I can’t find my application through Online tool because place of birth in COPR has to be country of birth. In my case, it shows city where I was born and from drop down menu we can select only Country in place of birth option.

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
You should receive soon. My parents ECAS status was changed on May,26 and received email on 29th may

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
You should receive soon. My parents ECAS status was changed on May,26 and received email on 29th may
Thanks. What are next steps you have taken so far?
-Return of COPR and pic? Did you return both copies or just IRCC? Did they sign it before sending? Did you send extra pic or just the one already affixed on IRCC COP
-Have you applied for their SIN? If yes, what document did you use as address proof?

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
Thanks. What are next steps you have taken so far?
-Return of COPR and pic? Did you return both copies or just IRCC? Did they sign it before sending? Did you send extra pic or just the one already affixed on IRCC COP
-Have you applied for their SIN? If yes, what document did you use as address proof?
I havent sent COPR yet but will be sending soon the one with photo. I dont think we have to sign that COPR. I will send extra pic.
Yes I applied for their SIN with bank statement as address proof. Lets c if it works. I will let you know.

JoeyDi

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2019
AOR Received.
23-09-2019
My GC Key updated today saying Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) is valid, does it mean I have been spiritually landed?

Reactions: CHINTU30

MannieCan

May 28, 2020
Me too from vancouver!! Did you complete the Landing?
Hello @balkarthik,

Any update for your landing? Do you see any changes in your Ecas or GCKey account? It seems Vancouver visa office is not working or very slow....not sure what's the delay from Vancouver office...Three offices are open in Vancouver as per the google status.

Adam46

Jun 4, 2020
Hello everyone.

I recently got my PR validated over email. CoPR was sent on May 10th and was valid to September 10.

Some notes:
  • IRCC are prioritizing CoPRs that are close to the expiry date.
  • CoPR's can be extended.
  • If you are worried about your current status expiring, apply for Bridging Open Work Permit. As long as you have applied for this, you have implied status and can remain in Canada legally.

nikivin

May 10, 2019
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello everyone.

I recently got my PR validated over email. CoPR was sent on May 10th and was valid to September 10.

Some notes:
  • IRCC are prioritizing CoPRs that are close to the expiry date.
  • CoPR's can be extended.
  • If you are worried about your current status expiring, apply for Bridging Open Work Permit. As long as you have applied for this, you have implied status and can remain in Canada legally.
WTF is wrong with IRCC. I received my CoPR on March 18th and the expiry was May 27th. I kept asking them if I'm eligible for an alternate validation method. Now my CoPR has expired and I would have to go through the last step again meanwhile I'm seeing people getting their PR validated via email even though the expiry is nowhere near.