+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

CHINTU30

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
I checked ECAS today and saw that it's now moved to complete and says "You entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on May 29, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident"

But we haven't received any email yet, did anyone else experience this? Not sure how to apply for PR card now.
Did u get Email for PR confirmation ?

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
My parents GCkey account just changed. Counterfoil is not valid and COPR is valid.

They should receive PR Landing email in this week. Following are the timelines.

PPR - 16 March 2020
Passport delivered to Ottawa - 19 March
Approved in myCIC - 12 May
Received passports back - 25 May
Submitted webform and sent email to CIC-Etobicoke - 25 May
COPR valid date - 02 June

Reactions: El_Brujo81

akl1

Jan 22, 2019
As i mentioned in the above post my COPR expiry is Sept 11, 2020. I thought mine will be delayed as I have sufficient time.
There was no ugency in my case, i sent casual email to Etobicoke office (CIC-Etobicoke-Landings@cic.gc.ca) asking for next steps.
They replied to my email saying that it will take some time for landing formalities due to COVID-19, it was generic message. All of sudden i recieved confirmation email.
Thanks a lot for your guidance. I followed your advice and received the PR confirmation email yesterday.

Can you or anyone in the group with a similar situation kindly let me know what steps you took to apply for PR card? I have gone through the PR confirmation letter they sent with instructions. However, I have a few questions regarding the process to obtain the PR card.

My questions are:

1. Do we need to send both the CoPR original copies or xerox/photocopy of both the CoPRs would do?
2. Do we need to send the return envelope so that IRCC can send us back the PR card and CoPR copies in that return envelope?

Eshwarkp79

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
My parents GCkey account just changed. Counterfoil is not valid and COPR is valid.

They should receive PR Landing email in this week. Following are the timelines.

PPR - 16 March 2020
Passport delivered to Ottawa - 19 March
Approved in myCIC - 12 May
Received passports back - 25 May
Submitted webform and sent email to CIC-Etobicoke - 25 May
COPR valid date - 02 June
Samething happened to me as well. Counterfoils become invalid and CoPR validation entry created in online account. Hope we get the PR landing email soon!!

Reactions: El_Brujo81

Jamesdee

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
My wife was able to get OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan) today with an unsigned COPR letter at service ontario. They were reluctant at first but with some persuasion they called their head office which said it's ok. They did ask to see the GCkey status of landing to confirm when PR she became a PR, which I showed them on my phone.

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
My wife was able to get OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan) today with an unsigned COPR letter at service ontario. They were reluctant at first but with some persuasion they called their head office which said it's ok. They did ask to see the GCkey status of landing to confirm when PR she became a PR, which I showed them on my phone.
I went to Service ONTario for my parents but they dint accept Bank letter as address proof they said you need atleast one month bank statement

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Has anyone with recent e-mail PR Landing already applied for SIN and OHIP cards?
-If yes, please share the list of documents used?
- Did you send both COPR documents (IRCC & Client copies)?
-Did you include pre-paid/self addressed envelope for return of your documents?
-Did you also include a picture?

Deep B Kaur

Jan 4, 2019
Is there any email for British Columbia? where to check these details
Was your appointment cancelled before for landing? Like you had an appointment for landong that got cancelled?

And then you sent the email.

Oy you just sent it after receiving your CoPR? Please reply. This is the last confusion i have.