+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

Oliverk

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
As i mentioned in the above post my COPR expiry is Sept 11, 2020. I thought mine will be delayed as I have sufficient time.
There was no ugency in my case, i sent casual email to Etobicoke office (CIC-Etobicoke-Landings@cic.gc.ca) asking for next steps.
They replied to my email saying that it will take some time for landing formalities due to COVID-19, it was generic message. All of sudden i recieved confirmation email.
how long did you wait for Etobicoke to reply?

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
As i mentioned in the above post my COPR expiry is Sept 11, 2020. I thought mine will be delayed as I have sufficient time.
There was no ugency in my case, i sent casual email to Etobicoke office (CIC-Etobicoke-Landings@cic.gc.ca) asking for next steps.
They replied to my email saying that it will take some time for landing formalities due to COVID-19, it was generic message. All of sudden i recieved confirmation email.
Congratulations. What date you sent email to Etobicoke?

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
Below the text from the letter,
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now
complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees
and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a
permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you
are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the
documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of
Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that
meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your
unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has
changed, please provide us with your current address.
If you do not have a (CoPR), please print a copy of this letter and send it to us along with one
photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above; we will produce your
permanent resident card once we receive it.
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of
Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when
it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime,
this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this
letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a
federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this
one-year period.

I have couple of questions for who submitted their COPR for PR cards,
1. They mentioned that, send COPR copy, which copy we need to send (IRCC copy with Photo, client copy with out photo or both)
2. They asked me to send one photo graph with specifications, right now shops are closed i can not send photos?
Do we need to wait until shops has been open because this document is valid until one year however, we can not re enter canada with this document if leave canada without PR card.
Even I have same questions.

priyanka93

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Hello, I got my COPR in the mail on May 23rd that expires on July 8th, 2020. I raised a question on the web form same day and i got a generic reply today saying all appointments and interviews have been cancelled and that I have to wait. Can someone advise what else can I do, just because my COPR is going to expire soon. Thank you!

Reactions: ELlouise

Canadagoose358

Jul 5, 2019
Below the text from the letter,
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now
complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees
and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a
permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you
are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the
documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of
Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that
meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your
unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has
changed, please provide us with your current address.
If you do not have a (CoPR), please print a copy of this letter and send it to us along with one
photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above; we will produce your
permanent resident card once we receive it.
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of
Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when
it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime,
this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this
letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a
federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this
one-year period.

I have couple of questions for who submitted their COPR for PR cards,
1. They mentioned that, send COPR copy, which copy we need to send (IRCC copy with Photo, client copy with out photo or both)
2. They asked me to send one photo graph with specifications, right now shops are closed i can not send photos?
Do we need to wait until shops has been open because this document is valid until one year however, we can not re enter canada with this document if leave canada without PR card.
1. I have printed the letter that I got in my email and sent it along with the photographs
2. I got my photos from staples. They have opened since last week.

Reactions: EE12345

D_karthik1225

May 29, 2020
Hi everyone,
I have received my CoPR document on May 26th, but i have seen the above threads which says expire date and Landing Document. In my documentation i haven't seen any expiry date of CoPR where did you guys received it and where do i need to look for it?.
How to apply for SIN document, i know i can do it in Service Canada but they are closed right now. Suppose if i apply in Online are they responding to the online or not.
Who ever received CoPR document recently, did any one received any other documents along with CoPR. My immigration consultant sent me only CoPR document.
Please respond to my thread.
Thanks

Gurpreet17

Jun 12, 2019
I applied for SIN update last week and get letter this week that some documents were missing

I upload COPR Client copy without sign, passport and licence.

I did it again let see what happen this time