+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Yes I put the date on the letter
I did modify the place of birth though. In my COPR copy the state is mentioned in short like "MAHAR". It did not accept. When i entered "Maharashtra"in full it accepted.
Thank you for the tip! I was entering only the city (without the abbreviated state/province) in "place of birth".

Last edited:
Reactions: prashantpraut

Stichy9402

Apr 22, 2020
Hi
My landing appointment was also on 19 March it got cancelled because of covid19. No PPR/COPR. I sent them web form for inquiry because my work permit is expiring on June 4. They just reply with the basic answers available on cic website. They gave me an email stating that if u have any urgency email us and then we can respond based on your request.
Yeah, I haven't heard anything yet either. Just that email telling me to wait.

Well, there are 2-3people with no PPR/COPR that had their PR status activated in this forum, so I guess we should get ours pretty soon too.

I'll let you know if I have any news.

Wish the best for us

Last edited:

GiveMePR

May 8, 2020

Well, there are 2-3people with no PPR/COPR that had their PR status activated in this forum, so I guess we should get ours pretty soon too.

Wish the best for us
Hey guys, Similar Situation. No PPR/COPR. Emailed CIC-Winnipeg on Saturday, regarding landing & expired work permit and they sent a confusing email. They were the ones who cancelled the appointment, so not sure why they are telling me fill out a web form instead. Any suggestions ? Should I ask them again or just fill out the web form?

Good day,
Thank you for your inquiry regarding your application. Please see link below for the appropriate channels for requesting a status update on your application. All requests through the appropriate channels are triaged and actioned accordingly.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=052&top=3
Thank you,

May 10, 2020
Hey guys, Similar Situation. No PPR/COPR. Emailed CIC-Winnipeg on Saturday, regarding landing & expired work permit and they sent a confusing email. They were the ones who cancelled the appointment, so not sure why they are telling me fill out a web form instead. Any suggestions ? Should I ask them again or just fill out the web form?

Good day,
Thank you for your inquiry regarding your application. Please see link below for the appropriate channels for requesting a status update on your application. All requests through the appropriate channels are triaged and actioned accordingly.
Thank you,
I raised the web form stating that my work permit is expiring they didn't reply with specific answer

Good day,
Thank you,
I fill out the web form and told them my work permit is expiring but they didn't said anything about that.

May 10, 2020

Wish the best for us
I just got the magical email of stating that your application is approved and you are permanent residence now.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Any principal applicant who is waiting for landing interview to be scheduled with overseas dependent who have got the passport request?

Stichy9402

Apr 22, 2020

Good day,
Thank you,
Hi.

I received the PR confirmation email today. I have been raising webforms/calling them and also emailed the local visa office couple of times, but to be honest I don't think it matters.

As you probably know, the IRCC calls and the webforms do not get forwarded to the officer who is processing the application unless it is a special case. And the local visa office did not reply any of my emails.

I guess you can try things out but, I think yours should be arriving pretty soon as well.

Also, I don't think there's difference between people who are holding COPR and people who are not-if your appointment was cancelled due to COVID19.

Reactions: may2019

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Do
Hi.

I received the PR confirmation email today. I have been raising webforms/calling them and also emailed the local visa office couple of times, but to be honest I don't think it matters.

As you probably know, the IRCC calls and the webforms do not get forwarded to the officer who is processing the application unless it is a special case. And the local visa office did not reply any of my emails.

I guess you can try things out but, I think yours should be arriving pretty soon as well.

Also, I don't think there's difference between people who are holding COPR and people who are not-if your appointment was cancelled due to COVID19.
Congratulation. Do you have any dependent's outside Canada?

GiveMePR

May 8, 2020
I raised the web form stating that my work permit is expiring they didn't reply with specific answer

I fill out the web form and told them my work permit is expiring but they didn't said anything about that.
Congrats and I raised the web form as well. Sure gives me hope now.

GiveMePR

May 8, 2020
Hi.

Congratulations and hopefully everything turns out exactly how you mentioned for me and others. I’ve raised a web form just in case.