+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

yongeandreid

Apr 30, 2020
CPC-Ottawa is currently working on passports received on 11-13 March. My parents passports were delivered on 19 March and we are awake for approval and return of passports.
Thank you for sharing. I sent a web inquiry for a status update last week but I signed my name, not my husband's name. We have the same last name, both applying for PR but he's the Primary applicant. The agent said he couldn't provide any information without my husband filing a representative form. We sent the form along with follow up questions since I am an applicant under his application. Until we get that COPR I'm now slightly nervous we may get rejected because I submitted that inquiry and some documents with my name and the LOE we sent along with our passport copies for my son's just renewed passport with "Thank You, Kristin Lastname" instead of my husband's first name and our last. Hopefully, I'm overthinking but I fell down a rabbit hole of rejection and "it depends on the agent" stories this week so it's haunting me.

Thanks for reassuring me the timeline is normal for Ottawa and that we're probably ok. I wish they'd extend work permits or grant implied status to those already here working and in the final stages of the PR process/waiting for interviews. Also, save themselves from redundant applications adding to backlog and more delays. (I know it's not that simple or easy to implement and monitor and we probably needed to file permit extensions even without covid delays)

Thanks again to you both for the reply and information!
I hope your parents hear back from Ottawa very soon.

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
I chose "change in status" since I was changing from temporary to permanent resident SIN.

I got a printed letter with SIN. They haven't issued SIN cards for few years now.
I submitted the client copy of CoPR without signature.
did you also submit the letter for confirmation of PR? I cannot scan my copr because it’s not A4 size :(

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Congrats. I am an inland applicant and have received COPR. Can you advise me how should I get it validated considering the current situation?
Raising a web form was a good technique which you already did, and got a generic reply. So for now you may just have to wait. You can call call-center agents about once a week too i guess to bring attention. Some candidates emailed their landings office like Etobicoke landings, but that was specific to their case and landing office. You can read previous posts/comments for that. You may contact your local MP if you want, up to you.
Keep checking IRCC websites and other forums for any new news or update. Just some ideas. Hope it helps.

GiveMePR

May 8, 2020
Hi, my situation is same as you guys. No COPR and Landing appointment cancelled. WP extension expiring in Aug. So I have sent them a webform today and awaiting response. My question is, in this current Covid situation, is the MSP medical card active during implied status ?
Yes, but you will have to apply for it when your current work permit expires. It only took them 3 days to process mine and was in mail within 2 weeks. You will need a copy of valid Passport and Application Submission confirmation for Work permit extension. Hopefully this process doesn’t go till August.

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Yes, but you will have to apply for it when your current work permit expires. It only took them 3 days to process mine and was in mail within 2 weeks. You will need a copy of valid Passport and Application Submission confirmation for Work permit extension. Hopefully this process doesn’t go till August.
Oh yes. I will see what they reply to the web form request I sent today. If the response is generic -> to please wait, I will apply for work permit extension, because that is the safest option.

jvarabi

May 9, 2020
Hello everyone, thank you for all the recommendations here, I too also raised a web form yesterday’s morning and received the PR confirmation letter in my CIC mailbox this afternoon. Although in my letter, it said to send and sign both CoPR with the photograph, which I notice that it’s different from everyone else’s letters.

So before I send the documents off I just want to double check if anyone is on the same boat and what’s your experience.
The letter was prepared by IRCC Vancouver office, so do I send my documents to this office to process my PR card or is there a specific address for it?

Appreciate all the responses.

Edit: Letter is as follow

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) documents in-hand, please send both of them (signed) with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. Please write your current address on the Address section of your CoPR documents (both copies). You may also update your address via your myCICAccount or by contacting the IRCC Client Support Centre: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.
We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased.
If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a
commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website for more information.
The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any other person to use this number.

Last edited:
Reactions: IGOR_BR and may2019

fara81

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
Hello everyone, thank you for all the recommendations here, I tooalso raised a web form yesterday’s morning and received the PR confirmation letter in my CIC mailbox this afternoon. Although in my letter, it said to send and sign both CoPR with the photograph, which I notice that it’s different from everyone else’s letters.

So before I send the documents off I just want to double check if anyone is on the same boat and what’s your experience.
The letter was prepared by IRCC Vancouver office, so do I send my documents to this office to process my PR card or is there a specific address for it?

Congrats, Can you please share your timeline?

jvarabi

May 9, 2020
Congrats, Can you please share your timeline?
Thank you !
I was an inland PNP applicant, below is the timeline
-AR: 03/11/2019
-AOR: 05/02/2019
-MR: 09/09/2019
-MP: 10/02/2019
-PAL: 10/24/2019
-PPR: 03/04/2020
-DM: 03/13/2020
-PR validated: 05/08/2020

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hello everyone, thank you for all the recommendations here, I too also raised a web form yesterday’s morning and received the PR confirmation letter in my CIC mailbox this afternoon. Although in my letter, it said to send and sign both CoPR with the photograph, which I notice that it’s different from everyone else’s letters.

Edit: Letter is as follow

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) documents in-hand, please send both of them (signed) with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. Please write your current address on the Address section of your CoPR documents (both copies). You may also update your address via your myCICAccount or by contacting the IRCC Client Support Centre: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.
We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased.
If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a
commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website for more information.
The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any other person to use this number.
Congratulations on receiving the confirmation of your PR. It seems like every office may be processing this differently. However at least your letter clearly says what you should do. If your letter says that you should send both copies signed, that is what it should do. In my case (and most other cases previously on this forum) it was unclear and we had to reconfirm with IRCC. They however advised to send only one copy and that too unsigned. You should send your documents to the same address that is listed on the Top of the confirmation letter.

Reactions: senhari2005