+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
It was really fast. The expected delay is 20 business days, and I got it in 8 days. (2 days for processing and 6 days for delivering via CanPost)
I submitted exactly the documents they asked: CoPR, passport, and PR confirmation letter.
did you get actual card or just a printed letter with SiN? For the copr, did u submit the client copy without signature or anything?

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hi, I'm still figuring out the acronyms but I think we received PPR in March when we received this request in our account:
"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa."

We sent everything (passport copies, pictures) to the Ottawa office, delivered March 23rd.
When an applicant receives the request above (passport request) is it safe to assume we're eventually getting PR? Is it possible to get denied after the PPR? My online application status says 100% completed but processing taking longer. However, in the details section it still says Under Review for everything.

We applied under CEC, application confirmed received on September 4, 2019.
We're from the states, live in Toronto on my husband's work permit, he's primary applicant, kids and me on visitor permits. We naively expected this to be completed within 6 months from application but now our permits expire 5/30 along with everything else we have here - OHIP, licenses, etc so I recently completed the BOWP/visitor extension applications for us. I was holding it, hoping we'd get cleared and not have to pay more fees but seeing these timelines I might as well submit it. Thanks for the information. Best of Luck!
If you have received a PPR your PR will not be denied unless they find any discrepancies in your passport Versus what you declared in your application. Also the status shows as Under review for all until they issue your COPR. However, it does seem that your passport is with them for much longer than normal duration. In usual circumstances, the passport is returned back with COPR within 10-12 days. Have you tried calling IRCC?

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
If you have received a PPR your PR will not be denied unless they find any discrepancies in your passport Versus what you declared in your application. Also the status shows as Under review for all until they issue your COPR. However, it does seem that your passport is with them for much longer than normal duration. In usual circumstances, the passport is returned back with COPR within 10-12 days. Have you tried calling IRCC?
CPC-Ottawa is currently working on passports received on 11-13 March. My parents passports were delivered on 19 March and we are awake for approval and return of passports.

CanadaCorona

Apr 23, 2020
Thank you for sharing this response! I sent a webform too and got a generic answer, like "follow the instructions in the letter".
I already sent the IRCC copy of CoPR and I am waiting for PR card.

I also already applied online for a SIN update, on April 27, and got the new SIN today, May 7.
When you apply online for the new SIN number do you choose "Update to SIN record" or "Change in status" as the type? I just applied for it and chose "Change in status" since my status has changed and I am a permanent resident after receiving the email.

CanadaCorona

Apr 23, 2020
Congrats! You ever mentioned you raised a webform for a landing appointment and IRCC asked you to resend the request to a specific email address. Do you mind telling us how long you waited since resent, till today?

Thank you Bro.
It's been 2 weeks after sending the email.

Lin_Yu89

Apr 24, 2020
When did you get your account updated with "COPR document is valid" in your CIC account? Was that Apr 22nd? And you are considered a valid PR from Apr 22nd as well in your confirmation letter?
Yes it changed on my CIC account on April 22nd. The document in the confirmation email is also dated April 22nd. I believe this was when the status was updated but I didn't receive the confirmation email until May 6th

GiveMePR

May 8, 2020
Congrats and thank you for sharing the good news. My case is the same as yours(No copr, got landing appointment directly) but haven't got any update yet after the cancellation of landing appointment. But it's really a relief to know that cases like mine are getting the pr email too!
Inland Applicant. Similar situation. No COPR or PPR.
Received email from CIC-Winnipeg on March 03 for In-person Landing Appointment on March 21 (which was originally for March 31 but they rescheduled and then later cancelled due to COVID-19)
My PR application (through PNP) has exceeded more than 2 years now. (lots of patience)
My second work permit which was for a year, expired in April and it has been 90 days since I applied for an extension.
I have not contacted them at all or heard from them since the appointment cancellation but thinking of emailing them now as they have eased lockdown in Manitoba.

Reactions: EE12345 and C.Mei.L

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
When you apply online for the new SIN number do you choose "Update to SIN record" or "Change in status" as the type? I just applied for it and chose "Change in status" since my status has changed and I am a permanent resident after receiving the email.
I chose "change in status" since I was changing from temporary to permanent resident SIN.

did you get actual card or just a printed letter with SiN? For the copr, did u submit the client copy without signature or anything?
I got a printed letter with SIN. They haven't issued SIN cards for few years now.
I submitted the client copy of CoPR without signature.

Reactions: CanadaCorona

sumgoel_delhi

Jun 13, 2017
Hello,

I am an inland applicant. My inland landing appointment was scheduled on 21st March but was cancelled due to Covid.

Today, I received email with PR confirmation letter today having COPR document reference, but have not received COPR document.
It states that " If your have CoPR document in hand, please send along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to address listed".
Now, my doubt is do I need to wait for CoPR document via mail or can I share the photocopy of this letter along with photo to get PR card ?

Anybody in same situation or can please guide ?

Quoted text in letter
/////////////////
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada
///////////////////

regards

Reactions: may2019

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Inland Applicant. Similar situation. No COPR or PPR.
Received email from CIC-Winnipeg on March 03 for In-person Landing Appointment on March 21 (which was originally for March 31 but they rescheduled and then later cancelled due to COVID-19)
My PR application (through PNP) has exceeded more than 2 years now. (lots of patience)
My second work permit which was for a year, expired in April and it has been 90 days since I applied for an extension.
I have not contacted them at all or heard from them since the appointment cancellation but thinking of emailing them now as they have eased lockdown in Manitoba.
Hi, my situation is same as you guys. No COPR and Landing appointment cancelled. WP extension expiring in Aug. So I have sent them a webform today and awaiting response. My question is, in this current Covid situation, is the MSP medical card active during implied status ?

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hello,

I am an inland applicant. My inland landing appointment was scheduled on 21st March but was cancelled due to Covid.

Today, I received email with PR confirmation letter today having COPR document reference, but have not received COPR document.
It states that " If your have CoPR document in hand, please send along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to address listed".
Now, my doubt is do I need to wait for CoPR document via mail or can I share the photocopy of this letter along with photo to get PR card ?

Anybody in same situation or can please guide ?

Quoted text in letter
/////////////////
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada
///////////////////

regards
Your letter does not have another paragraph saying what to do if you do not have a copr? Most other letters have it.
It says.... "If you do not have a (CoPR), please print a copy of this letter and send it to us along with one photo that.......

RJain2020

Mar 29, 2020
Hi Guys, any luck with the landing options? I am an inland applicant with COPR received. Waiting for landing options. Raised webform but got a generic reply that all appointments are cancelled and they are not taking a new one. I have heard some people have got their COPR validated via email without any interview or landing formality? Anyone has any idea about it?