+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

fara81

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
Hi everyone,

I received the email confirming my PR today :)

I have 2 copies of my COPR that look the exact same, but one has a passport photo attached. Is it the copy with the photo considered the original?

I am planning to send the copy WITHOUT the passport photo along with a ONE copy of a more recent passport photo.

Thank you
Congrats. Can you please share your timeline? Did they call you before getting the PR email.
I got my CoPR on April 30th. Still waiting for getting email or phone call.

AnilK2015

Apr 22, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have 2 copies of my COPR that look the exact same, but one has a passport photo attached. Is it the copy with the photo considered the original?

I am planning to send the copy WITHOUT the passport photo along with a ONE copy of a more recent passport photo.

Thank you
Congratulations. You should send the document with IRCC Copy at the bottom of the document, back with one additional photo as per the photograph guidelines

CanadaCorona

Apr 23, 2020
Hi everyone,

Thank you
Congrats! Which visa office?

Lin_Yu89

Apr 24, 2020
Congrats. Can you please share your timeline? Did they call you before getting the PR email.
I got my CoPR on April 30th. Still waiting for getting email or phone call.
Thank you.

Yes, I called and also sent an email.

Here's my timeline

AOR : 10-Oct-19
MEP : 06-Nov-19
Background Check Completed :09-Dec-19
Eligibility Check Completed :20-Jan-20
PPR : 06-Feb-20
Passport Sent to Ottawa : 7-Feb-20
Passport recd with COPR Counterfoil (Approval date): 14-Feb-20
Landing appointment: 16-Mar-20
E-mail Confirmation of PR : 06-May-20 (Dated 22-Apr-20)

Reactions: IGOR_BR and fara81

jplventurina

Sep 16, 2018
I raised a webform yesterday, and CIC Saskatoon only took a day for them to respond. Where are you from? It's possible that if your nearest visa office is in a bigger city (ie. Toronto or Vancouver) it might take for them a longer time to respond. Keep the positive vibes tho, as you can see, all of us who received CoPR prior to the lockdown date have received this email. IRCC hasn't forgotten us. :)

Thank you! I did not get any verification phone call nor a scheduled interview date. I just received an email stating that I have a message in my IRCC account, and then a few minutes after is the email from CIC Saskatoon confirming my PR. However, I raised a webform yesterday to "try" to book a landing appointment with my nearest visa office.

PR Approval date = March 12
Hi do you know the email for saskatoon office? Thank you

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hello All, Sending the response from IRCC on the query regarding which documents to include while sending back the COPR. Just in case it helps anyone

Message sent to IRCC
With respect to your communication I have the below queries with regards to the COPR copy that needs to be sent back for the processing of the PR Card for myself and my family.
1. I have 2 copies of the COPR for each applicant. One is marked as "IRCC Copy" and the other is marked as "Client Copy" Do I need to send both the documents or Just the IRCC Copy?
2. Do i need to sign on the documents or send them unsigned. (It is not mentioned in the mail)

Response from IRCC
Good Day,
You can send the IRCC copy of the CoPR along with the photo that is already affixed to the document. You do not need to sign or date the document.
Thank you,

C.Mei.L

Apr 27, 2020
Received a golden PR letter !!!! not received any COPR letter but CoPR document reference in the letter :)
Congrats and thank you for sharing the good news. My case is the same as yours(No copr, got landing appointment directly) but haven't got any update yet after the cancellation of landing appointment. But it's really a relief to know that cases like mine are getting the pr email too!

Last edited:
Reactions: IGOR_BR
Aug 13, 2018
Those who got the PR letter. What is the date you became PR? Is the date you had the update on your CIC account with "COPR document is valid" or is that the date the email was generated?

Aug 13, 2018
Thank you.

Yes, I called and also sent an email.

Here's my timeline

AOR : 10-Oct-19
MEP : 06-Nov-19
Background Check Completed :09-Dec-19
Eligibility Check Completed :20-Jan-20
PPR : 06-Feb-20
Passport Sent to Ottawa : 7-Feb-20
Passport recd with COPR Counterfoil (Approval date): 14-Feb-20
Landing appointment: 16-Mar-20
E-mail Confirmation of PR : 06-May-20 (Dated 22-Apr-20)
When did you get your account updated with "COPR document is valid" in your CIC account? Was that Apr 22nd? And you are considered a valid PR from Apr 22nd as well in your confirmation letter?