+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

spRaven

Dec 22, 2017
I received my email from vancouver office on May 15.

For your reference,

Decision Made: March 3, 2020
PPR Approval: March 13, 2020
Passport Returned: March 24, 2020
PR Validated: May 15, 2020 by Vancouver Office (Email)
Could you share an email for Vancouver office

Last edited:
Reactions: Dsgfire

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
You are not alone! It s just so disappointing that IRCC treat us this way.
It would have been better if our overseas dependents are able to submit their passports for visa. We should have been given the decision weather our dependents can travel or not.
Hi i am also in a same situation as i have been told that they cannot finalize my application because my spouse is residing overseas..
But i want to ask you as you mention that your dependant did not submit passport for visa right?
But my spouse already got visa stamped and COPR issued but she is overseas as per the rules she cant come to canada before principal applicant got their PR approved..?
So what do you suggest as she has a visa to travel and COPR too. Can she travel?

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Hi i am also in a same situation as i have been told that they cannot finalize my application because my spouse is residing overseas..
But i want to ask you as you mention that your dependant did not submit passport for visa right?
But my spouse already got visa stamped and COPR issued but she is overseas as per the rules she cant come to canada before principal applicant got their PR approved..?
So what do you suggest as she has a visa to travel and COPR too. Can she travel?
how did they inform you they cannot finalize your application? did they contact you?

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
I emailed them.!!
Are you in the same scenario.?
Yes, I have received PPR letter for my overseas dependent last month. I am yet to hear from local IRCC office about my landing appointment.
Unfortunately, we have to wait until the travel restrictions are lifted.

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Yes, I have received PPR letter for my overseas dependent last month. I am yet to hear from local IRCC office about my landing appointment.
Unfortunately, we have to wait until the travel restrictions are lifted.
Did your dependant got visa stamped and COPR issued..??
You mind if i ask which is your local visa office for landing interview and when is your COPR expiring.??

siataheri

Dec 11, 2018
I got my PR confirmation letter today.
Emailed both CPC Ottawa and CIC winnipeg last night and received PR letter this morning.

Timeline:
Visa Office: Ottawa
Decision Made: March 11, 2020
PPR Approval: April 30, 2020
Passport Returned: May 8, 2020
PR Validated: May 19, 2020

Reactions: may2019

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Did your dependant got visa stamped and COPR issued..??
You mind if i ask which is your local visa office for landing interview and when is your COPR expiring.??
Nope, the instruction in the PPR letter states that dependent should submit the passport only after the PA attains the PR status.

"To finalize your application, we require the following documents from your overseas dependent(s). Passports for dependent(s) should only be submitted after you, the primary applicant has received the confirmation of permanent residence status. As the primary applicant, you will be contacted separately by your local IRCC office in regard to your landing appointment."

IRCC Etobicoke

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Nope, the instruction in the PPR letter states that dependent should submit the passport only after the PA attains the PR status.

"To finalize your application, we require the following documents from your overseas dependent(s). Passports for dependent(s) should only be submitted after you, the primary applicant has received the confirmation of permanent residence status. As the primary applicant, you will be contacted separately by your local IRCC office in regard to your landing appointment."

IRCC Etobicoke
Did you got your visa stamped and COPR issued or not yet..?

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
No I didn't,
I believe it will be in-person landing appointment or landing email for me (former looks unlikely due to current COVID19 situation), so I am not required to send passport
Well hope for the best we never know how the syestem works even.. Anyways let me know if you receive any further updates.???

Shayana1987

May 11, 2020
Barrie
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi, Thanks for responding. It was scheduled on March 26 at Etobicoke office, later cancelled on March 20.
Same as mine , it was scheduled on 24th March at Etobicoke office and cancelled on 18th March . Waiting as same as you .

El_Brujo81

Sep 4, 2019
I got my PR confirmation letter today.
Emailed both CPC Ottawa and CIC winnipeg last night and received PR letter this morning.

Timeline:
Visa Office: Ottawa
Decision Made: March 11, 2020
PPR Approval: April 30, 2020
Passport Returned: May 8, 2020
PR Validated: May 19, 2020
Hi, Can you share which office confirmed your status?