Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I'm starting this topic to connect with PR holders having IT skills and who have either already moved to Canada or moving to Canada in recent future. I'm starting this thread so that we can help each on job search, licensure and other settlement related questions.

Please come and lets help each other.

Thanks.
Can

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
Hey, I work in IT.

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
canimmigrate said:
Hi Guys,

I'm starting this topic to connect with PR holders having IT skills and who have either already moved to Canada or moving to Canada in recent future. I'm starting this thread so that we can help each on job search, licensure and other settlement related questions.

Please come and lets help each other.

Thanks.
Can
Hi,

Could you please tell something about your app time lines belongs to which NOC.

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ghatot201 said:
Hey, I work in IT.
Hi,

Nice. Since when have you been living in Canada? Do you live in Ontario? How is the IT job market in Canada? Did you find a job matching with your skills?
Did u need any licensing for your job?

Thanks.
Can

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nkalra said:
Hi,

Could you please tell something about your app time lines belongs to which NOC.
My NOC is 2173. I don't remember the exact dates but I got 1st AOR in May 1st 2012 and visa on May 2nd, 2014

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
canimmigrate said:
My NOC is 2173. I don't remember the exact dates but I got 1st AOR in May 1st 2012 and visa on May 2nd, 2014
Oh, congrats on getting the visa.

When are you planning to land.

I am from 2174 NOC waiting for PPR.

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
canimmigrate said:
Hi,

Nice. Since when have you been living in Canada? Do you live in Ontario? How is the IT job market in Canada? Did you find a job matching with your skills?
Did u need any licensing for your job?

Thanks.
Can
I have been living in canada since 2011. I landed as a PR 3 months ago. Yes, I live in Ontario, my NOC is 2171. I got a job which is even better than the job i was working at back home.

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ghatot201 said:
I have been living in canada since 2011. I landed as a PR 3 months ago. Yes, I live in Ontario, my NOC is 2171. I got a job which is even better than the job i was working at back home.
Thanks. How is the IT job industry there? What is the best way to search jobs? It seems 80% of the jobs are not advertised there. So job search portals may not be very helpful.
Did you apply for license? What suggestions/tips can you give for new immigrants landing?

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nkalra said:
Oh, congrats on getting the visa.

When are you planning to land.

I am from 2174 NOC waiting for PPR.
Thanks. I'm planning some time in July.
Best of luck for your visa. Where r u going to land once u get visa?

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
canimmigrate said:
Thanks. I'm planning some time in July.
Best of luck for your visa. Where r u going to land once u get visa?
I am planning to search for job before I land at least give a try for few months.

Did you come across with any good website where we can find the hidden jobs as we know the most of them are through internal references only.

desirecanada

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
canimmigrate said:
Thanks. How is the IT job industry there? What is the best way to search jobs? It seems 80% of the jobs are not advertised there. So job search portals may not be very helpful.
Did you apply for license? What suggestions/tips can you give for new immigrants landing?
I market is very good if you ask me.I am currently in India with 7 yrs exp .Was planning to move in june end ,so posted my resume in canada job sites.Within days I got many emails and took 2 skypre intervw and got offer from both hte companies .Now when I went to resign from my indian company they also want to transfer me to Canada company and I am going from India with 3 job offers in may end itself.

SO I guess market very good.Upload your cv in job portals ASAP and tell that you are travelling in 1 month time.

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desirecanada said:
I market is very good if you ask me.I am currently in India with 7 yrs exp .Was planning to move in june end ,so posted my resume in canada job sites.Within days I got many emails and took 2 skypre intervw and got offer from both hte companies .Now when I went to resign from my indian company they also want to transfer me to Canada company and I am going from India with 3 job offers in may end itself.

SO I guess market very good.Upload your cv in job portals ASAP and tell that you are travelling in 1 month time.
That is very reassuring. Thanks man. What is ur NOC? Have you applied for any License? Where r u going? Can you please also share the portals where you applied?

Love_London

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
LONDON
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Dec 2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with application (7.5 band)
Med's Request
March 2013
Med's Done....
April 2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 2013 (PP received November 2013)
LANDED..........
November 2013
desirecanada said:

Many congrats desirecanada for PR and job. Can I ask you technology you are into? seems to be in big demand :)

I am IT Analyst in Banking area. Still making my mind for the move.

desirecanada

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
canimmigrate said:
That is very reassuring. Thanks man. What is ur NOC? Have you applied for any License? Where r u going? Can you please also share the portals where you applied?
I am in ERP .No Licence though in interview they asked if I was accredited with any local profesional body ,i replied by saying I am certified by oracle.
I got offers from all over but am planning to move with my current employer as It will be very smooth with benefits like initial stay and flight tickets.
Hope this helps.Put you cv in monster,indeed,workopolis,cajobs and everywhere you could manage.Once the recruiter will mail you he will ask for current resume ,here change your resume as per the requirement like if requirement is technical put more technical details if BA then more of BA work.
Be positive and good things will surely happen.NEVER BE DISCOURAGED BY WRONG STORIES.

All the best to you all.