+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR granted, living in the US illegally and need help in arrival! Seniors!!!

tocanadato

Aug 10, 2009
Hey guys, just a quick question: My application for PR as skill worker was approved and I received my passport stamped. However, I current live in the US illegal and I have been living for the past 10 years. That was the reason I applied for my Canadian PR because I was tired of of being in the US illegally. Now, that I have my Canadian PR, I have until June 18, 2011 to enter Canada. Will I face any trouble for the fact I was living illegally in the US? Will they know? Should I go to my home country first and then to Canada?

Thank you.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tocanadato said:
Hey guys, just a quick question: My application for PR as skill worker was approved and I received my passport stamped. However, I current live in the US illegal and I have been living for the past 10 years. That was the reason I applied for my Canadian PR because I was tired of of being in the US illegally. Now, that I have my Canadian PR, I have until June 18, 2011 to enter Canada. Will I face any trouble for the fact I was living illegally in the US? Will they know? Should I go to my home country first and then to Canada?

Thank you.
Hi

This is my opinion.

The Canadian immigration at the border will find out that you have been in the US illegally & might hand you over to US immigration, so they absolutely will catch you at the border and immediately put you in immigration detention for deportation and bar to US reentry.

Goto your home country and and then complete your landing in Canada.

Wait for others opinion as well.

maq0r

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is your home country?

Actually it shouldn't be an issue, when you leave the US you don't go through Immigration, you just board a plane and that's it

If you're a 'visitor' they might ask you for a I-94, but you can just claim you lost it.

When you arrive to Canada they don't check your status on foreign countries. I'm assuming you're flying there, because if you cross by car that's a whole different issue.

LeoNYC

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
tocanadato,

They do not care about your status with the US or any other country. As long as your criminal records are good, you are good to go. When you filed you application, it probably asked you what your country of birth and residence were and your status. I am assuming you put down US and that you were "out of status". So, they approved you application based on that information. Why would they stop you now?
As maqOr said, they do not check your immigration status form the country you are coming from.

AYEBA

Aug 30, 2009
Even by car, the CBSA don't question you about your status in the U.S. I myself am a frequent cross border traveller.

Think about it, you survived a vigorous security, background and criminality checks to receive your PR.

Enjoy your new life in Canada!

tocanadato

Aug 10, 2009
To maqOr, my home country is Brazil and that's where my application was processed. That's exactly what I was thinking: Once I arrive by plane in Canada, I will have to go to Canadian Immigration and they should only ask for my Canadian Immigration Documents and not documents that would prove my status in the US.

To LeoNYC, yes, I did put down I was "out of status". My application was processed in Brazil and I had not problem.

maq0r

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tocanadato said:
To maqOr, my home country is Brazil and that's where my application was processed. That's exactly what I was thinking: Once I arrive by plane in Canada, I will have to go to Canadian Immigration and they should only ask for my Canadian Immigration Documents and not documents that would prove my status in the US.

To LeoNYC, yes, I did put down I was "out of status". My application was processed in Brazil and I had not problem.
Then you'll be fine. BUT do it by PLANE.

When I said you would have issues if you do it by car I wasn't talking about Canadian Border Control, but US-ICE on your way out.

AYEBA

Aug 30, 2009
Evidently at the border crossing you proceed to the Canada customs if leaving the U.S. or U.S. customs if leaving Canada. You never see the Customs of the same country you are in.

Princess44

Sep 28, 2011
Hi TOCANADO,

I am assuming that by this time you are a PR in Canada. I need your help as i am also in that situation. My visa expires December, so please share your landing experience with me. What are some of the questions you were asked at POE, did you have any problems at all?

Please advise.

Also if anyone has any advise on such a situation, please comment. Thank you.

prmalr

Jul 16, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi tocanadato, as ayeba and maq0r and other who say you dont have any problem, yes its no problem to you at all,
if canada knew you were illegal in usa why would they give you a PR, it absolutely matters nothing what status you are in a foreign country to Canada pr, now you got your pr so go enjoy your full freedom life in canada, as members say dont by car but by plane is good for you, go straight to Canada get all your pr papers and then fly to your country as you wish,
all the best to you,
God bless you !

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
June 18, 2011 or 2012.

iomokorede

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IT IS JUNE 2011. IN THE ORIGINAL QUESTION, THE DATE WAS SEPTEMBER 2010

Jan 15, 2012
I am curious as how you got PR. Did you et a job offer? Please explain in detail. What did you put on your application. Please let us know about your entire experience. Update us please!

Please emial me personaly at:
connoisseur@consultant.com