+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR from India vs PR from Canada

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
I and my spouse are software engineers(NOC:2174).Last year September, I decided to file PR to Canada from India. I know the process would take around 2 yrs. So, I and my spouse have written IELTS and got reasonable scores. We were ready to place the application once the Canada opens the PR quota this year probably May.

But, here is the twist in the story. My spouse cracked an interview in one of the big company and they are ready to sponsor her the visa. Right now, there are getting ready to launch LMO. If everything goes well, we would land there by Nov 2014. This company would also help to file the PR once the employee becomes part of the company.

Now, my questions are
1. Where should I process my PR from? Remember, If we apply from India we would apply in year 2014 and If we apply from Canada it would be in the year 2016(After getting one year of Canadian experience which will give more points)
2. What is the processing time for getting PR if you apply it from Canada(When you are in Canada with temporary work visa). If the processing time is less I would prefer to apply when I am in Canada?

Please advice.

Dip4u

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
online / New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
Med's Request
04/12/2013
Med's Done....
23-12-2013
if company is well reputated u must go for SWP (skilled work per). as yr noc code is elligible for ICE.
secondly, allmost before yr wp expires u will b elligible for apply pr. (diffrent province may have few changes in rulles).

lets say if u apply PR from India u must need to wait 2 years. to reach canada n again u need to search jobs + accomodations.
but with wp in 6 months yr erning meter starts..

if i m wrong here plz inform me... i m WP applicant & in April going Delhi CIC for stamping visa n fly in few weeks after stampig. my job place will be winnipeg MB.

Good luck

Dip4u

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
online / New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
Med's Request
04/12/2013
Med's Done....
23-12-2013
Intocanada said:
Hey thanks Dip4u. That was he helpful.

You r welcome. .. Plz keep posting n share your application plans as many seniors + experts r helping here ...

Keep in touch

Have a great time..