+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR for Quebec Skilled workers while in the process of DV visa

kaskrout

May 10, 2018
Dear All,

I am very confused about my situation and would much appreciate it if you could help!

I've got my CSQ from Quebec and am currently in the process of PR now my question is: when the CIC agent performs my background check he'll find out that I am in the process of Diversity Visa (USA) as well (though i did not yet receive the seconde letter of interview meaning that my DV visa is not granted at the time being... Is there any risk of Canada PR rejection based on this ground?

I have searched the internet and did not find any previous PR refusal for the above mentionned reason

What do you think?? Thank you in advance!

Phoenixation

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Dear All,

I am very confused about my situation and would much appreciate it if you could help!

I've got my CSQ from Quebec and am currently in the process of PR now my question is: when the CIC agent performs my background check he'll find out that I am in the process of Diversity Visa (USA) as well (though i did not yet receive the seconde letter of interview meaning that my DV visa is not granted at the time being... Is there any risk of Canada PR rejection based on this ground?

I have searched the internet and did not find any previous PR refusal for the above mentionned reason

What do you think?? Thank you in advance!
Don't worry it will not affect your Canadian Immigration process. Canada doesn't mind you having PR status in other countries. Having a green card and PR concurrently can cause some issues with US immigration officials, especially if you choose to live in Canada and travel frequently to the US.

leaderman

May 11, 2018
Hello colleagues,

I have a very important question. Could you help me, please?

Currently, I am going to apply to immigrate to Quebec, Canada under a Skilled Worker Program and I have a question reagrding areas of traning.

My bachelor degree is on the faculty of "Business Information Systems".

How do I know that my bachelor degree meets computer science or computer engineering?
According to the link http://www.quebecimmigration.org/list.php, if I can prove that my degree fits compyuter science, then I can get 12 points from areas of traning.

Please share your knowledge.
Thank you in advance.