+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Expiring 4/19, still not moved to canada

avalon1

Dec 19, 2012
Hi,
I got PR and landed in 2014, stayed only 2 weeks then came back to the US. Last year I came back to Canada and stayed for 2 months, I could not find a job then returned to the US. my Canada PR is expiring April 2019 and I'm planning to move to Canada in June 2018 and stay in Canada until I'm eligible for Citizenship/PR Renewal.
My Questions:
1) Will they allow me to enter into Canada because I did not meet residency but PR is still valid
2) Will they report if they allowed me?
3) If they allow, my daughter born in the US in 2015, can I sponsor her immediately and what process to sponsor?
4) I studied in Canada for 2 1/2 years before getting PR, will those days count towards Citizenship?
5) If they allow, how many days I need to stay to renew my PR?

Thanks
Avalon1

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi,
I got PR and landed in 2014, stayed only 2 weeks then came back to the US. Last year I came back to Canada and stayed for 2 months, I could not find a job then returned to the US. my Canada PR is expiring April 2019 and I'm planning to move to Canada in June 2018 and stay in Canada until I'm eligible for Citizenship/PR Renewal.
My Questions:
1) Will they allow me to enter into Canada because I did not meet residency but PR is still valid
2) Will they report if they allowed me?
3) If they allow, my daughter born in the US in 2015, can I sponsor her immediately and what process to sponsor?
4) I studied in Canada for 2 1/2 years before getting PR, will those days count towards Citizenship?
5) If they allow, how many days I need to stay to renew my PR?

Thanks
Avalon1
1)given you are still a PR you are entitled to enter Canada regardless of your RO status
2)assuming you do not return until June 2018 then having only spent 10 weeks in the country it is possible you may get reported and start the process to revoke your PR status. It will be upto the CBSA officer at the time but do not yourself raise the issue leave that to CBSA to determine although answer all questions honestly of course.
3] you cannot sponsor anyone until your RO has been met
4) no because If you do not return to Canada until June 2018 then and excuse my math but to reset your RO would then be sometime in 2020 before that resets.

Therefore even if you could apply then having reset the RO, which you could not anyway, the time before PR under the upcoming C6 rule would be 5 years back from that date in 2020 so the pre PR time prior to 2014 for you would be out of range

The earliest therefore under 3/5 rule that you could. apply would be sometime in 2021 assuming you accumulate 3 years physical presence in Canada by then from June 2018.

5)as 4) rough estimate based on info maybe 22 months from June 2018 given 2 months credit from 2016 but to be safe maybe 24 months without leaving at all.

Last edited:

avalon1

Dec 19, 2012
1)given you are still a PR you are entitled to enter Canada regardless of your RO status
2)assuming you do not return until June 2018 then having only spent 10 weeks in the country it is possible you may get reported and start the process to revoke your PR status. It will be upto the CBSA officer at the time but do not yourself raise the issue leave that to CBSA to determine although answer all questions honestly of course.
3] you cannot sponsor anyone until your RO has been met
4) no because If you do not return to Canada until June 2018 then and excuse my math but to reset your RO would then be sometime in 2020 before that resets.

Therefore even if you could apply then having reset the RO, which you could not anyway, the time before PR under the upcoming C6 rule would be 5 years back from that date in 2020 so the pre PR time prior to 2014 for you would be out of range

The earliest therefore under 3/5 rule that you could. apply would be sometime in 2021 assuming you accumulate 3 years physical presence in Canada by then from June 2018.

5)as 4) rough estimate based on info maybe 22 months from June 2018 given 2 months credit from 2016 but to be safe maybe 24 months without leaving at all.

avalon1

Dec 19, 2012
Thank you so much Sir for detailed explanation
if they report, How will I know whether reported or not, at POE they will tell me or by mail

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Thank you so much Sir for detailed explanation
if they report, How will I know whether reported or not, at POE they will tell me or by mail
They will tell you at the POE if they report you.