+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR expired

mrao

Jun 9, 2014
Hi
One of my friend got a Canadian PR in 2002 and after that never been to Canada. Is it possible to renew that PR now. Currently in USA. Is it possible to renew that PR now. What are the options and process
Thanks for your help

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
mrao said:
Hi
One of my friend got a Canadian PR in 2002 and after that never been to Canada. Is it possible to renew that PR now. Currently in USA. Is it possible to renew that PR now. What are the options and process
Thanks for your help
If he/she can somehow manage to get into Canada without being reported for breaching the RO, he/she could stay in Canada for 2 full years (read 730 days without leaving for not even 1 day) and THEN could apply to renew his/her PR card. Of course, if he/she gets into Canada without a valid PR card, odds of getting healthcard, drivers license or a new SIN (if one wasn't gotten previously) is going to be nearly impossible which will make it difficult to survive, however, that is about the only option available. There is no other way to 'renew' the PR other than bringing oneself back into good standing in regards to the RO.

I should note here, that if this person was a minor when removed from Canada, and is just now coming of 'age' then we are talking a different ballgame all together.