+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR expired and have new baby

hslakhan

Nov 19, 2012
Hi,

me, my wife and two kids got our PR cards 6 yrs ago - we stayed in Canada for one week and came back to the UK. Due to personal circumstances we were unable to move to Canada within the 5 yrs. We have also had a baby since then. Can you advise what I would need to do to renew the PR and also to add on the new baby?

Thanks,

H

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your chances appear to be slim to none but first things first are your PR cards expired and are you all holding a visa exempt passport?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It would be an option for you to try to enter Canada with or without your expired PR cards. It would then be possible that the immigration officers decide to report you for not meeting the residency requirements which would probably mean your PR gets revoked. If they don't report you however, you would be able to stay for 2 years without leaving and thereby revive your PR. You can use your landing papers to prove your status so you would be able to work etc.

However, in your case, the problem is the new baby. You can not sponsor the new baby for PR when your status is not in good standing or you would be attracting the attention of immigration to the fact that you are in Canada and you do not meet the residency requirements.