+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Documents Letter of Employment & Offer of Employment

royalstellar

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
Hi,

I am doing my APR and under the document list

I have BOTH letter of employment AND offer of employment. Is it fine to submit one document if that document is BOTH letter of employment AND offer?

For Letter of Employment,

An employment letter is an official document printed on company letterhead stating that you will be employed in Canada by that company for a specified period of time. The employment letter must include your name, the details of your employment in Canada, and the company's contact information.

It may also include:

• details such as your tenure with the company
  • your title, position and duties
  • approved vacation periods (if travelling to Canada for holidays), or information about whether the company will cover all your travel expenses (if travelling on business for this company), etc

For Offer of employment,

You must provide a job offer letter from the employer who wants to hire you. It must be printed on company letterhead, and state that you will be employed permanently in Canada by that company. The letter must specify whether the job is:

• for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
  • for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
  • skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
(Note – in most cases, the job offer must be for a permanent job. For some types of jobs, it has to be for at least one year.)

The job offer letter must include contact information for the company (address, telephone number and email address).

What is the difference and is that for the current job or all the past jobs?

I also have separate section for employment records and I thought that is where you can submit offers and letter

Pls advise

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,

I am doing my APR and under the document list

I have BOTH letter of employment AND offer of employment. Is it fine to submit one document if that document is BOTH letter of employment AND offer?

For Letter of Employment,

An employment letter is an official document printed on company letterhead stating that you will be employed in Canada by that company for a specified period of time. The employment letter must include your name, the details of your employment in Canada, and the company's contact information.

It may also include:

• details such as your tenure with the company
  • your title, position and duties
  • approved vacation periods (if travelling to Canada for holidays), or information about whether the company will cover all your travel expenses (if travelling on business for this company), etc

For Offer of employment,

You must provide a job offer letter from the employer who wants to hire you. It must be printed on company letterhead, and state that you will be employed permanently in Canada by that company. The letter must specify whether the job is:

• for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
  • for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
  • skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
(Note – in most cases, the job offer must be for a permanent job. For some types of jobs, it has to be for at least one year.)

The job offer letter must include contact information for the company (address, telephone number and email address).

What is the difference and is that for the current job or all the past jobs?

I also have separate section for employment records and I thought that is where you can submit offers and letter

You need a Letter of Employment (or letter of reference) for each job for which you are claiming points, including your current position.

A job offer letter only refers to a FUTURE offer of employment (AFTER you become a PR), for claming to have a valid job offer (arranged employment) for 50 extra points. If you are not claiming that, you do NOT need a job offer letter.

Employment records would be any supporting documentation - like a T4, NOA, ROE, contract, licenses or certifications (if applicable), etc.

LordStanley

Jan 21, 2020
Category........
CEC
You need a Letter of Employment (or letter of reference) for each job for which you are claiming points, including your current position.
Sorry but that's not correct. A Letter of Employment serves as support to the job offer and will describe the duties, position, and most importantly, that the applicant will be employed by that company for a specified period of time (usually more than one year, this is crucial if you got 50 points for a job offer w/o LMIA, for instance).

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi, so I worked as a supervisor for 1 year in a restaurant. As am applying under CEC, what employment documents should I need ??

Pandith

Feb 15, 2020
Hyderabad
An “job offer letter” is not the same as a “letter of employment”. If your employer doesn’t need an LMIA to hire you for the job, they need to submit the offer of employment in the Employer Portal. Once submitted, the portal generates an offer of employment number that you need when you apply for your work permit.

Jai2020

Jan 15, 2021
What will be the offer letter if you have LMIA based job(closed work permit of 2 years ).I already finished one year continuous work with my company and based on that applied for PR.I got ITA and while filling form there is a document section called OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT.
What document should I upload in my scenario??
Any expert advice

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What will be the offer letter if you have LMIA based job(closed work permit of 2 years ).I already finished one year continuous work with my company and based on that applied for PR.I got ITA and while filling form there is a document section called OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT.
What document should I upload in my scenario??
Any expert advice
Read this link.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html