+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR denied while on BOWP

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Hi folks, I am on a BOWP currently, and PR is in process. If for wahetever reason, my PR application gets denied, then my BOWP gets invalidated immediately (I just recently got to know that).

In such a case, what options am I left with? Does anyone know?

I am not sure of how likely this will happen, but I wish to be prepared for every eventuality. Thanks!

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
The Validity will remain to the actual date which is provided on WP , PR denial wont effect anything to BOWP .

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
adipadi said:
Hi folks, I am on a BOWP currently, and PR is in process. If for wahetever reason, my PR application gets denied, then my BOWP gets invalidated immediately (I just recently got to know that).

I am not sure of how likely this will happen, but I wish to be prepared for every eventuality. Thanks!
This is not correct ,
BOWP will be still valid for the Time period it issued

rks0101

Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adipadi said:

Hi Adipadi,

As also per all other responses, BOWP validity remains. Following FAQ answer on CIC site, sort of indicates this:

(see link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=023&t=4)

''If my immigration application is refused, do I have to wait before I apply again?

If your application to come to Canada is refused, you can send a new application at any time, unless your decision letter says otherwise. However, you should do so only if you can include new or additional information that you did not send with your previous application.

If you had legal status and lost it (for example, if your work permit expired and you were refused), you have a limited time in which to resubmit your application. See your decision letter for details. ''

Hope this helps!

:)

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
adipadi said:

If BOWP had specific condition related to PR application decision, it would be writen on WP itself.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=169&t=17

I was in exactly the same situation you described (my PR was refused when I was on BOWP). I continued working and send another PR application. After receiveng AOR I applied for second BOWP and got it.