+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Victor8876

Dec 30, 2021
Dec 28: email of approval - I replied a few hours later
Dec 29: Email of approval reminder - I replied again

Still waiting..
I am abroad for the new year, previously on a work permit..

Do you guys think I can come back to Canada through the previous work permit o do I need to sort out the portal thing first?

P.S. work permit expires in June 2022.. so still valid

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
Portal 1: 28/12/2021, replied immediately
Portal 1 reminder: 29/12/2021

Still waiting for Portal 2

farzadd

Sep 26, 2018
My photo was rejected 4 times due to “incorrect size”. However, it meets all the requirements and the photo was taken by professional photographer. Has anyone had this issue? I take a new photo every time and they reject it every time. Dimensions are 1680x1200 (which is mentioned in the guide). However, it shows an error that pixels are not enough when uploading, so I resize it to 3360x2400 when uploading, which is still in the range mentioned in the site. I’m not sure what to do.

EdiCavani07

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
My photo was rejected 4 times due to “incorrect size”. However, it meets all the requirements and the photo was taken by professional photographer. Has anyone had this issue? I take a new photo every time and they reject it every time. Dimensions are 1680x1200 (which is mentioned in the guide). However, it shows an error that pixels are not enough when uploading, so I resize it to 3360x2400 when uploading, which is still in the range mentioned in the site. I’m not sure what to do.
Once you resize it to 3360x2400 , does it still show the pixel error?
Did you already get your eCoPR?

farzadd

Sep 26, 2018
Once you resize it to 3360x2400 , does it still show the pixel error?
Did you already get your eCoPR?
No it doesn’t show the error. I’m not really sure what they mean by incorrect size. They don’t even explain. The photo is cropped anyways when uploading using the cropping tool in the portal. How can it be incorrect size when it’s cropped to their rectangle size?
Yes I got the copr 3 weeks ago

bbuser

Jul 22, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
NOC Code......
Got an email saying the case closed in the PR portal, photo accepted.

EdiCavani07

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
No it doesn’t show the error. I’m not really sure what they mean by incorrect size. They don’t even explain. The photo is cropped anyways when uploading using the cropping tool in the portal. How can it be incorrect size when it’s cropped to their rectangle size?
Yes I got the copr 3 weeks ago
Were you getting any other warning like brightness too low etc. ?
It is very difficult to get the correct image when you don't know what exactly is required.

farzadd

Sep 26, 2018
I am not sure about it. 1680x1200 should be good as per specification but not sure why is the portal warning about the pixels.
Yeah it's ridiculous it says:

Warning: Your photo does not meet the following requirements:
  • Pixel Range Requirements: Your photo does not have a pixel range between 1680x1200 and 4200x3000 pixels.
To ensure your photo does not get rejected, please upload a new photo that meets all requirements. Please note that an IRCC agent will review your photo and will decide if it can be used to produce a PR card.

Photo size is 1680x1200.

EdiCavani07

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
Yeah it's ridiculous it says:

Warning: Your photo does not meet the following requirements:
  • Pixel Range Requirements: Your photo does not have a pixel range between 1680x1200 and 4200x3000 pixels.
To ensure your photo does not get rejected, please upload a new photo that meets all requirements. Please note that an IRCC agent will review your photo and will decide if it can be used to produce a PR card.

Photo size is 1680x1200.
Try uploading it without using the in-built cropping tool in the portal. It says if you can't crop the image an IRCC agent will do it for you later. It might not give you warning but agent might still reject after review. Not sure what can be done here.

User2896

May 9, 2019
Dec 28: email of approval - I replied a few hours later
Dec 29: Email of approval reminder - I replied again

Still waiting..
I am abroad for the new year, previously on a work permit..

Do you guys think I can come back to Canada through the previous work permit o do I need to sort out the portal thing first?

P.S. work permit expires in June 2022.. so still valid
i did this. Came back in on my previous valid work permit. It’s their issue that it’s taking up to 6 months to issue a PR card.