+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

remo456

Jul 2, 2016
Please answer the below situation

1. travel outside canada while waiting for portal credentials - once portal crediential came, can i fill it or i need shouldn't fill , since now i am outside canada. what to do in this case

You can not and You are not allowed to use portal outside Canada. It is only for in Canada people. If you receive email of portal, reply back about your current address as mentioned in that email. In most cases, they transfer application to that country. However, they will never inform you about transfer. If you have valid TRV, you can travel back to Canada before it expires. Carry copy of email of portal and show at airport if they ask anything.
if your Trv has expired while you are outside Canada, contact to canadian visa center in your country and send them email you got from ircc of portal and they will advice you what to do.

You can only get PRTD when you have COPR. copr can only be got after confirming your presence in Canada.

2. traveling outside canada while waiting for ecopr - can i apply PRTD and come to canada after ecopr comes or what to do in this case

Prtd can only be got after receiving copr. For copr, you must be in Canada. Or if your application has been transferred to another country while you are outside Canada, contact that country' canada visa center .

3.traveling outside canada while waiting for PR card . - if i my freiend bring the PR card , can i come to canada without PRTD
Other than you, no one is allowed to receive PR card legally.

remo456

Jul 2, 2016
No bro, I got the Portal email yesterday, I am completely confused on how I should proceed whether have my file transferred to local office or fly back to Canada. But I dont see any flight tickets available until Oct 10th, which is 20 days from now.

Any suggestions?
I was in same situation when I was in home country. I had replied to the email that I am in home country. Ircc didnt reply anything after that.
After 2 months i came back to Canada and informed to ircc through webform and replied to same portal email with my current Canadian address .
I got reply from ircc that my application was transferred to home country. However, they have forwarded updated info to relevant office and they also advised me to inform to home country canadian visa center.

cck1986

May 8, 2020
After 23 days of waiting, my e-CoPR is finally here, but it didn’t come by its own. I replied to their portal email several times during the past 10 days asking to send my CoPR. Finally someone noticed my email and sent my CoPR 15 mins after my last email. There is one minor error on my document (the original date of entry) which I have already reported. Guys don’t just wait for them to send you your CoPR. Reply to their portal email again and again until they notice. Don’t send your email in early morning, at noon, late afternoon or on weekends. Keep your message very simple and short and provide them with as much information as possible such as UCI, application number, full name, date of birth, etc.

Here is my timeline:
First portal email: Aug 27
2nd email: Aug 29
e-CoPR: Sep 22

Good luck
You said don’t send email on early morning , at noon , late afternoon. So basically you covered entire day. Do you mean to say send mail at 10 am?

• Haha
Reactions: remo456

Nmak

Aug 23, 2021
Why I have seen some applicants send their photos by mail and not upload it on the portal??? Does it differ from one VO to another ???
I have uploaded mine and still waiting for PR card since Aug 27….Ottowa VO