+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

nirajparihar

Star Member
Jul 9, 2020
Just now I received an update that my wife's address and photo has been accepted and PR Card will be mailed. But, mine and my daughter's photo and address is yet to be accepted :(

momenezes

Jun 24, 2021
I got my first email on June 5 (Virtual Landing Unit), replied on June 8. I received the second email with credentials on June 10 and submitted in Canada declaration, address, and photo on the same day. I got my eCoPR on June 17, however until today (July 23) we are waiting for my partner's eCoPR. We submitted using a single account into the Portal, I see both profiles. I am the main applicant. I called IRCC twice, submitted a webform, and replied to the Portal email address complaining. I only got a response to the webform saying they have forwarded my case to the responsible office. Anyone on the same boat? Anyone that had the same situation and now got the missing eCoPR? Any idea of what else I could try? Thanks for the help

EwIslandgirl

Star Member
May 11, 2021
I got my first email on June 5 (Virtual Landing Unit), replied on June 8. I received the second email with credentials on June 10 and submitted in Canada declaration, address, and photo on the same day. I got my eCoPR on June 17, however until today (July 23) we are waiting for my partner's eCoPR. We submitted using a single account into the Portal, I see both profiles. I am the main applicant. I called IRCC twice, submitted a webform, and replied to the Portal email address complaining. I only got a response to the webform saying they have forwarded my case to the responsible office. Anyone on the same boat? Anyone that had the same situation and now got the missing eCoPR? Any idea of what else I could try? Thanks for the help
Hi Congratulations, is your dependent Outland ?

DB233

May 3, 2020
Is anyone else experiencing a large gap between personal and dependent PR card being mailed out? I received mine over a month ago but no sign of spouses yet. No update on IRCC login nor IRCC portal, which still says 'in review with IRCC' for both.

Jam@can123

Jul 7, 2021
1. When did you receive an email asking for information?
June 23, 2021
2. When did you send email for log in credentials?
June 23, 2021
3. When did you receive your log in details for the portal?
June 26, 2021
4. When did you declare your presence in Canada, updated the address and uploaded a picture on the portal?
June 27, 2021
5. When did you receive ECOPR?
Not yet
6. What is the VO?
No idea. I don't see this anywhere and do not see it in the email signature
7. When did you receive your PR card in the mail?
Not yet

My declaration of presence in Canada was accepted a few weeks ago. I was thinking I'd get eCoPR at that point, but I haven't. There is a message on the portal saying "Once your declaration of your presence in Canada has been accepted, you will be able to download your eCoPR in this portal. If you have previously been landed and already have your proof of permanent resident status, your eCoPR will not be available for download."

I don't really know what to make of this since I don't see an option for download and I do not have proof of permanent resident status.

Is this normal or does anyone have any suggestions?
Yes, I dont think they update it regularly. My address was also accepted by IRCC almost 2 weeks ago still had not received eCopr. But finally got it today
Ist email June 10th
Credentials received June 15th
Uploaded details on PR portal June 16th
Received eCopr July 23rd
PR card waiting

Jam@can123

Jul 7, 2021
Yes, I dont think they update it regularly. My address was also accepted by IRCC almost 2 weeks ago still had not received eCopr. But finally got it today
Ist email June 10th
Credentials received June 15th
Uploaded details on PR portal June 16th
Received eCopr July 23rd
PR card waiting
Also, a friend of mine got her PR card but her status still shows in review and no update of address or photo.

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Hi everyone, this is my timeline:

1. Received email asking for information - 08/June/2021
2. Replied - 08/June/2021
3. Received log in details for the portal - 13/June/2021
4. Declared my presence in Canada, updated address & uploaded picture on the portal - 15/June/2021
5. ECOPR - July 24, 2021 [UPDATE]
6. VO - OSC Ottawa or CPC Mississauga [UPDATE]
7. PR card - not yet
FINALLY after waiting 39 gruelling, ugly crying days and praying to whichever gods and goddesses rule the eCOPR realms - I finally woke up to this email: "PR Confirmation - An update has been made to your file!" and there it was waiting for me - THE eCOPR!!

For those of you who are waiting, I sent webforms, replied to initial portal emails at least 5 times, had my local MP contact IRCC, called the IRCC call centre religiously every week, and at one point last night after work sent a strongly worded albeit passively timid email to the Assistant Deputy Minister for Immigration! Not sure if any of these worked at all or if it was just my turn in the queue (I think it was the latter), BUT the eCOPR is here and that's all that matters. :D

Also good news:
  • Address and photo accepted on PR portal
  • PR portal now shows "Case status- closed and accepted"
  • PR application shows "approved" in online IRCC account
  • Linked PR card application to online IRCC account
Questions:
1. My eCOPR expiry date is within a month - hopefully I get the PR card within this time frame but do you think it's worth calling IRCC to get their opinion on it? Seems an awfully short time...
2. The date of original entry is off by a year (I changed passports that year so maybe that's why) - should I contact IRCC or amend the document (current processing time is 6 months!!)?

THANK YOU EVERYONE in this group! You have been tremendously helpful :cool:

Reactions: cad0420

Robinn

Jul 24, 2021
FINALLY after waiting 39 gruelling, ugly crying days and praying to whichever gods and goddesses rule the eCOPR realms - I finally woke up to this email: "PR Confirmation - An update has been made to your file!" and there it was waiting for me - THE eCOPR!!

For those of you who are waiting, I sent webforms, replied to initial portal emails at least 5 times, had my local MP contact IRCC, called the IRCC call centre religiously every week, and at one point last night after work sent a strongly worded albeit passively timid email to the Assistant Deputy Minister for Immigration! Not sure if any of these worked at all or if it was just my turn in the queue (I think it was the latter), BUT the eCOPR is here and that's all that matters. :D

Also good news:
  • Address and photo accepted on PR portal
  • PR portal now shows "Case status- closed and accepted"
  • PR application shows "approved" in online IRCC account
  • Linked PR card application to online IRCC account
Questions:
1. My eCOPR expiry date is within a month - hopefully I get the PR card within this time frame but do you think it's worth calling IRCC to get their opinion on it? Seems an awfully short time...
2. The date of original entry is off by a year (I changed passports that year so maybe that's why) - should I contact IRCC or amend the document (current processing time is 6 months!!)?

THANK YOU EVERYONE in this group! You have been tremendously helpful :cool:
Thank you for sharing your details and story!
my timeline is: pr confirmation portal email:18th june.
Credential: 19th june
Declaration in Canada and photo upload: 19th june
After so many webforms and calls I finally received eCOPR on 21. July. Ircc account was saying PR application was approved. But something very weird happened; on 22th july, my portal account was totally green an accepted. On the top of page was written that your case is approved and closed. Now your page will be closed. Everything was great but now, when I check my pr confirmation portal account it shows everythinf in review with Ircc. Anyone experienced this? Or do do you think photo and address is accepted and my account is closed thats the reason evetything went to ‘in review with Ircc’ again?

Reactions: Majima

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Thank you for sharing your details and story!
my timeline is: pr confirmation portal email:18th june.
Credential: 19th june
Declaration in Canada and photo upload: 19th june
After so many webforms and calls I finally received eCOPR on 21. July. Ircc account was saying PR application was approved. But something very weird happened; on 22th july, my portal account was totally green an accepted. On the top of page was written that your case is approved and closed. Now your page will be closed. Everything was great but now, when I check my pr confirmation portal account it shows everythinf in review with Ircc. Anyone experienced this? Or do do you think photo and address is accepted and my account is closed thats the reason evetything went to ‘in review with Ircc’ again?
I think it’s the latter: it has to be.
once you have your eCOPR you are a PR for all intents and purposes.
I think the account goes back to “in review” since everything is completed for your PR confirmation.

As for the IRCC account: if that one says “approved” then there’s really nothing to worry about

Robinn

Jul 24, 2021
I think it’s the latter: it has to be.
once you have your eCOPR you are a PR for all intents and purposes.
I think the account goes back to “in review” since everything is completed for your PR confirmation.

As for the IRCC account: if that one says “approved” then there’s really nothing to worry about
Thank you for your time. Yes I know nothing to be concerned anymore. However, when the address and photo was accepted I said okay I am gonna receive the card soon. But now its again in review. Yes it makes sense that this is all because my portal page was closed. When do you think I ll have received the card. ?

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Thank you for your time. Yes I know nothing to be concerned anymore. However, when the address and photo was accepted I said okay I am gonna receive the card soon. But now its again in review. Yes it makes sense that this is all because my portal page was closed. When do you think I ll have received the card. ?
Honestly there is no right answer for this. On the processing times page on IRCC’s website it says 111 days until you get your PR card. Not sure if this is for first PR card only or includes PR cards processing in general.
I remember someone mentioning on one of these threads that initial PR cards are handled by a separate department/office and therefore might have a shorter turnaround time.

Some people here have got it within a week after their application was approved or after their photo & address were approved on the PR portal.
Others have waited longer.

Harry_12378

May 28, 2021
1. When did you receive an email asking for information? 15 july
2. When did you receive your log in details for the portal? 19 july
3. When did you declare your presence in Canada, updated the address and uploaded a picture on the portal? 20 july
4. When did you receive ECOPR? its 25 july today but not yet
5. What is the VO? etobicoke
6. When did you receive your PR card in the mail? not yet

Reactions: team13