+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
CEC Inland (AOR 24,jun 2023 ) Initial P1 email for Montreal VO on 21 NOV; Martial Status changed so
Added spouse and now biometric , background & medical completed on 1 March 2024 , Eligibility "Not Started" i guess not needed for spouse as accompanying family member,

COPR visible on trackker for me & spouse from 29 FEB, 2024
I have' not received any PR Portal email, P1 again, from Montreal VO.

How long should i wait, is their any way to contact and remind VO office for getting email (P1)
Call IRCC first, some people did not receive P1 email despite it being sent, they will know if it was sent or not.

kathryn96

Mar 14, 2024
CEC Inland (AOR 24,jun 2023 ) Initial P1 email for Montreal VO on 21 NOV; Martial Status changed so
Added spouse and now biometric , background & medical completed on 1 March 2024 , Eligibility "Not Started" i guess not needed for spouse as accompanying family member,

COPR visible on trackker for me & spouse from 29 FEB, 2024
I have' not received any PR Portal email, P1 again, from Montreal VO.

How long should i wait, is their any way to contact and remind VO office for getting email (P1)
I'd try the call centre and raise a webform. If you've already done that or if that doesn't work, and if you have a good enough argument as to why you need them to begin finalizing your application soon (like COPR expiring, work permit expiring, etc.), call or email your local MP. I've been in some tough spots with visas over the years (especially during COVID), and my MP was the absolute BEST at getting me answers right away. They have direct contacts with immigration officers who can go into your account, look at it, and even act on it. I wouldn't jump to this option because I think it requires a fair deal of effort on their part, but it's a very helpful last resort if nothing else works.

Imported

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
I've followed this thread for quite some time and have found it really helpful in determining the pace of things. I just got my P2 today and thought I'd contribute with my timeline.

Applied August 28, 2023
AOR on October 7, 2023
Application completed on "application tracker" on February 28, 2024
P1 on March 5
P2 on March 14
Now awaiting my eCOPR. The document number for this and everything has been on the application tracker for a few weeks now, so hopefully this means it'll come soon? My VO is Montreal.
You should get it soon. I got P2 Mar 11 and got eCOPR today. VO is also Montreal.

canadaasp1

Star Member
Aug 26, 2021
Wow, you're actually quite lucky—I had to wait a good three weeks for that P2. And it's now been almost another three weeks already since that e-mail came and still no COPR in sight. I guess we just have to be patient. Honestly, I don't think sending them reminders will speed things up in any way; your e-mail would just end up somewhere in their huge pile.
Problem is other Visa Offices normally follow a pattern. But with Montreal its completely random. Few people get COPR real quick where some whs to wait around 1.5 months

vsainic

Mar 14, 2024
Call IRCC first, some people did not receive P1 email despite it being sent, they will know if it was sent or not.
thank you, I called IRCC, and found somehow P1 email on 29 FEB was sent to me , which I have not received (cross-check all spam, and trash). The agent has requested Montreal VO to resend again.

So waiting for the Portal One email for the PR portal account creation

8343fries

Star Member
Jan 11, 2023
I was a bit slow to replying. Replied on the 7th and then over the weekend realized I made a mistake in my first reply, so I replied a second time on the 10th. I've seen Montreal can take a long time to respond so I was a bit nervous that replying a second time would send me back to the bottom of the inbox, but it was surprisingly quick! I've noticed in the past week or so on here the pace has been picking up a bit, so I think we can remain hopeful! :)
Did you apply via express entry? I am in Quebec so I am trying to see if my timeline is going to be slower because of that.

8343fries

Star Member
Jan 11, 2023
thank you, I called IRCC, and found somehow P1 email on 29 FEB was sent to me , which I have not received (cross-check all spam, and trash). The agent has requested Montreal VO to resend again.

So waiting for the Portal One email for the PR portal account creation
I am sorry that happened but I am glad you were able to figure out what was going on