+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

chenkmuruki

Aug 4, 2023
Hello,

Do I have to link PR Card to GCkey after receiving eCOPR?

If so how do we do it. I tried doing it with my PR application number and UCI but it failed.
You don't have to, but you can
It seems that you have an issue with the City/town of birth field. Try to put there information from your COPR Place of Birth field.

Reactions: VAA18

Gardentius84

Dec 19, 2023
Don't worry about getting a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP). Just apply for it, which is enough to maintain your status as an implied status.
I submitted my BOWP application one week before my PGWP expired, but I received my ECOPR after it had already expired.
That is true, but the maintained status only allows you to continue working under the same conditions as your old expired permit. If you're on a work permit tied to a specific job then you won't be able to start a new one until you actually get your BOWP. Plus, you may not get provincial health care coverage while in maintained status—last I heard of it, it's at the discretion of the individual offices. So yeah, having applied for it gives you some rights and you absolutely should do it, but actually getting it is a lot better.

paramgill

Apr 17, 2021
My Timeline
Inland CEC (Me- Principle Applicant & My - Wife Dependent Applicant)

AOR: Jun 5
P1: Oct 10 (from Etobicoke)
P2: Nov 8 & Replied on Nov 10
(did a few follow-ups and MP mail)
PVO: Edmonton
SVO: Etobicoke
eCOPR: Dec 18 (from Etobicoke)(exp: May 2024)

Dec 11: PGWP & SOWP for my Spouse Expired
Dec 5 : Applied for BOWP
Dec 8 : Applied for SOWP Ext. for my wife to maintain Implied status.

All the best!
Hi ,

First of all congratulations.

Could you please advise how did you follow up ?

haliek20

Star Member
May 20, 2023
Category........
CEC
Thank you so much! Will research the BOWP requirement bec I wanna do it myself. I asked my agency for help but they asked me to pay $2500 which I couldn't afford.
oh wow that's expensive. My agent process it for free. I just paid 510 since there's two of us.

Reactions: Jin25