PR confirmation portal timelines

smileyos

Aug 4, 2023
Canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
22-06-2023
Yes. That's what I feel happened to my case. I applied for my wife's PR application online via the Permanent Residence Portal. So I have an existing Portal account. When I got the P1 email, I initially provided the email address of my existing PR portal account (the one that I used when I submitted by wife's online application). 3 weeks have passed no portal 2 email. Kept logging into my Portal account and no Permanent Confirmation tab being created. So I then decided to reply again in the P1 email but this time around provided my wife's email address and in few days she got the P2 credential and was able to login and submit declaration and photo. Our initial permanent residence portal account never got the Confirmation tab created. Now waiting for eCOPR.
Your might be unique since you already used the portal for yours and you did make use of same portal for your wife, possibly there was issues with that.
I had heard cases where there was delay with people's P2 due to the fact they had an existing portal and ircc was trying to create a new one for them. It was until ircc was notified that they had an existing portal, that was when they now updated the old portal with the P2 information.

IAN_84

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Question. For those who are waiting for your eCOPR after submitting the declaration that you in Canada and submitted the photo. If you guys are currently on work permit or on a Temporary Resident visa that are about to expired, do we still need to renew/extend those visa? Or no need anymore as the PR approval is already done and just waiting for the eCOPR document?

Thank you

Kelio

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
I would prefer to use a different email. I used the same email when I got the P1 email, 3 weeks have passed and no sign of P2 credentials. I then replied again to P1 email and provided a different email address (the one without any existing Permanent Resident Portal account) and got the P2 credentials in few days. Not sure if it's a coincidence. But the website mentioned "Do not create the portal account yourself as it will delay the process, IRCC will create it for you".
When you provided a different email address, did you write a comment for this issue ?

OR you just copy ,paste the template, and fill in a new Email ?

IAN_84

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Your might be unique since you already used the portal for yours and you did make use of same portal for your wife, possibly there was issues with that.
I had heard cases where there was delay with people's P2 due to the fact they had an existing portal and ircc was trying to create a new one for them. It was until ircc was notified that they had an existing portal, that was when they now updated the old portal with the P2 information.
I'm not sure. I didn't use the Portal for myself as I'm already a Canadian Citizen, so the Portal account was entirely for my wife's application when we submitted it last year.

Reactions: Kelio

IAN_84

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
When you provided a different email address, did you write a comment for this issue ?

OR you just copy ,paste the template, and fill in a new Email ?
I did not comment or mentioned anything at all. I just copy and paste the template and replied as if I'm replying for the very first time. But this time around provided a different email address, my wife's email address.

smileyos

Aug 4, 2023
Canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
22-06-2023
I did not comment or mentioned anything at all. I just copy and paste the template and replied as if I'm replying for the very first time. But this time around provided a different email address, my wife's email address.
After you did this, how long did you now get the P2.

IAN_84

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
After you did this, how long did you now get the P2.
Nov 14 - Got the P1 email and replied same day.
Dec 4 - Decided to reply again on the P1 but this time provided a different email address
Dec 5 - We got the P2 credential email

So I would say just 1 day. The following day after providing a different email address we got the P2 email. Again, not sure if this is coincidence.

smileyos

Aug 4, 2023
Canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
22-06-2023
Nov 14 - Got the P1 email and replied same day.
Dec 4 - Decided to reply again on the P1 but this time provided a different email address
Dec 5 - We got the P2 credential email

So I would say just 1 day. The following day after providing a different email address we got the P2 email. Again, not sure if this is coincidence.
Thank you.

DheerajK

Dec 15, 2023
I got P1 on Nov 20. Waiting for P2. I am in fb and whatsapp groups . Today seems to be exceptionally quiet. No updates from anyone on P2
Hey there, I’ve also got my Portal confirmation email on 20th Nov. it’s been a while and haven’t received Portal 2 email with login credentials. Any idea about what could be the possible reason for the delay as normally other people got their P2 the next day after replying to the email.
VO- Montreal

pans

Oct 6, 2023
Nothing! Same anticipation goes on.
You? Anyone else? P2 since August waiting for ECOPR?
Hi i think its just few people left who have been waiting from more than three months for ecopr. I didn't get to hear anything this week either sadly.

d0gm34t

Star Member
Oct 3, 2023
Canada
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Hey there, I’ve also got my Portal confirmation email on 20th Nov. it’s been a while and haven’t received Portal 2 email with login credentials. Any idea about what could be the possible reason for the delay as normally other people got their P2 the next day after replying to the email.
VO- Montreal
End of the year + Montreal office is the slowest one. Just recently, like yesterday, people with P1 in the 3rd week of November started to receive P2.

Andy Alberta

Dec 3, 2023
Question. For those who are waiting for your eCOPR after submitting the declaration that you in Canada and submitted the photo. If you guys are currently on work permit or on a Temporary Resident visa that are about to expired, do we still need to renew/extend those visa? Or no need anymore as the PR approval is already done and just waiting for the eCOPR document?

Thank you
You should call immigration to be sure, but I will say you should apply for BOWP since you need to have status to process your PR.

paramgill

Apr 17, 2021
You should call immigration to be sure, but I will say you should apply for BOWP since you need to have status to process your PR.
Your status is still temporary resident until you receive ECOPR . You can raise web form mentioning if they can issue ECopr considering your situation.