+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Sepauh

Jul 13, 2018
Had a similar situation. Received Multiple emails for family and to my rep on 20 Nov , eventually replied to separate emails and then one email - I was confused and did not read the instructions well. My email had already a PR portal log in. Ended initiating a new application for PR Card.
I called IRCC customer service several times. They have no clue. They asked me to wait and said there is a long queue. Different programs DO NOT have different queues. They are all in one. After seeing several forums and groups I understand that Montreal office is slow. Etobicoke and virtual landing unit and bit faster. No one has clear picture. It says if we have created a profile it causes delay too. No idea.
The customer service number is 888-242-2100

d0gm34t

Star Member
Oct 3, 2023
Canada
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Had a similar situation. Received Multiple emails for family and to my rep on 20 Nov , eventually replied to separate emails and then one email - I was confused and did not read the instructions well. My email had already a PR portal log in. Ended initiating a new application for PR Card.
I called IRCC customer service several times. They have no clue. They asked me to wait and said there is a long queue. Different programs DO NOT have different queues. They are all in one. After seeing several forums and groups I understand that Montreal office is slow. Etobicoke and virtual landing unit and bit faster. No one has clear picture. It says if we have created a profile it causes delay too. No idea.
The customer service number is 888-242-2100
Yeah, but "as of September 23, 2022, it is now mandatory to apply online", this is literally in their guide to applying (Guide Q7000 - Application for Permanent Residence: Quebec Skilled Worker Class), so I don't understand how is even possible to not have an account when you get approved. I think the PR portal confirmation guidelines and text in the mail they send are a bit outdated.

I guess I'll try my luck and try to call them tomorrow, shouldn't get worse right?

Reactions: Sepauh

Superduca252

Jul 5, 2023
Thank you. So what are they asking you to do as part of the location confirmation?
The request for visa for her is ready, paperwork completed, including returning label. The Visa Office responsible for her said that they can only issue her PR once my e-CoPR is granted - Note that they want me to advise them once this happens, I assume because they do not communicate. This is getting too frustrating, honestly. I cannot understand such delay.

Msamaka

May 19, 2023
I have sort of a problem and I was hoping to get some opinions. I am currently inside Canada on a visting visa and got a final decision email for my PR application on Nov 1. I didn't get the P1 so I sent an number of webforms and emails requesting portal access. I didn't get any updates so I sent my passport to LA VAC to get my passport stamped and the plan was to flagpole to activate my PR status. As of today, my passport is at the IRCC office in LA. However, I got a P2 email today and I'm not sure of how to proceed. Do I complete my details on the Portal? Or should I just wait for my passport to come back and then flagpole? Not sure of what to do next and I would love to get anyone's input or opinion. Thanks
I got my eCoPR today

AOR - June 14
Final Decision- Nov 1
1st P1 from Etobicoke - Nov 30
2nd P1 from Montreal - Dec 4
P2 - Dec 4
ECoPR- Dec 5
ECoPR expiry date - May 26 2024

checkmate123

Oct 18, 2023
I got my eCoPR today

AOR - June 14
Final Decision- Nov 1
1st P1 from Etobicoke - Nov 30
2nd P1 from Montreal - Dec 4
P2 - Dec 4
ECoPR- Dec 5
ECoPR expiry date - May 26 2024
WOOOW!! Congrats!
So VO Montreal issued eCOPR the next day after P2!!
and expiry date is not December 2023
this is very interesting...

justusdebem

Aug 30, 2019
Congratulations. I assume you meant Dec 5 instead of Dec 12.

I have a very similar timeline and COPR expiry date (June 20, 2024). Can you tell me your exact COPR expiry date? Thanks.
Yes, that's correct, Dec 05.

My eCOPR expiry date is June 26, 2024.

I tried many things during my wait. I called IRCC many times, sent a lot of emails and contacted my MP twice. I don't know if my MP did anything, but I contacted him on Dec 04 and in the next day I received my COPR.

Reactions: Andres0 and gerlac

gerlac

Apr 19, 2020
Hey guys, I just received my eCOPR after three months. Here is my timeline:

Portal 1 - Aug 07 (replied the same day)
Portal 2 - Aug 30 (replied the same day)
eCOPR - Dec 12
eCOPR expiry date - Jun 2024
VO - Montreal
Same situation like yours. My portal 2 was October 18, hoping my eCOPR arrives soon. As I have booked a flight on February.

Aravindhkumar

Jul 17, 2022
My PVO is Edmonton, Alberta.
SVO is Etobicoke, ON/
Any idea what is the current timeline for ECopr.

P2 : Nov 8
InCanada Declaration and Photo Upload: Nov 10
COPR Expiry Date: May 21, 2024

Any idea when I will receive my ECOPR?