+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Andres0

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
I meant also that people with expiry dates way longer than yours already have their PR, I just don't understand their system of doing things.
I think a major factor is also the stream and processing time standards for the stream. For example, Express Entry standard is mostly 5 months. But for my stream, it's twice that at 10 months, so they can delay mine and still meet the standard. So I probably have to wait until they're done with all the EE applicants and have some free time to deal with others.

Reactions: Fordling

chenkmuruki

Aug 4, 2023
I meant also that people with expiry dates way longer than yours already have their PR, I just don't understand their system of doing things.
It looks like there is no real system for the eCoPR issue. You can relatively easily track your application before the final decision. There is a defined process for that, and you can find its description. But after that, it is a black box. In normal processing ppl get their eCoPRs in hours, max a couple of days after they submit in-Canada declarations.

Andres0

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
I highly doubt that. Virtual Landing Unit (Ottawa) is very slow in eCoPR processing. I'm waiting for my eCoPR for 54 days now. And as I see from the posts at the beginning of the year, some ppl were waiting for three months for eCoPRs from the VLU. It's Ottawa, the center of the Canadian bureaucracy, and they work as slow as other offices. I'm wondering if that might be any reasonable explanations for these delays.
Well, I've been waiting 98 days from VO Montreal. Yeah, they're all slow, but it seems Montreal is the worst.

chenkmuruki

Aug 4, 2023
I think a major factor is also the stream and processing time standards for the stream. For example, Express Entry standard is mostly 5 months. But for my stream, it's twice that at 10 months, so they can delay mine and still meet the standard. So I probably have to wait until they're done with all the EE applicants and have some free time to deal with others.
IRCC's service standard for EE applications, except the Quebec stream, is 180 days. Five months is the average processing time for CEC and FSW in the last months

Reactions: AMSeq and Andres0

Andres0

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
IRCC's service standard for EE applications, except the Quebec stream, is 180 days. Five months is the average processing time for CEC and FSW in the last months
You're right. And there's no service standard for my stream, so I'm probably permanently at the end of the queue and have to wait for months still.

aahmed.pbl

Nov 15, 2023
I've uploaded my IME ON MAY 29, 2023. But I used my IME from my previous work permit application which was done on March 18, 2023. Now what would be my COPR Expiry?

Is it March 2024 or May 2024?

vijaykrishnagv

Apr 11, 2022
I'm having problems understanding why people with expiry dates that are expired or almost expired are not yet getting eCOPR.
I am sorry for the little confusion with the dates. The CORP expiry date is 27th Nov 2024 (It appeared in the tracker on 4th Dec 2023.

Hi everyone,
Today I called IRCC. She told me that my PVO - Ottawa and SVO - Etobicoke. I received my P1 from Montreal.
how do we know which VO is processing my PR?
Below are my timelines:

1. AOR - Jan 2023
2. All are green in the tracker - 24th Nov 2023
3. Final Decision date - 1st Dec 2023
4. P1 - 1st Dec 2023
5. COPR number and expiry date update in tracker (on 4th Dec 2023) - 27th Nov 2024
6. P2 - waiting

chenkmuruki

Aug 4, 2023
You're right. And there's no service standard for my stream, so I'm probably permanently at the end of the queue and have to wait for months still.
That could be the sad truth for you, as delays in processing your case won't affect IRCC targets and their Christmas bonuses. I think maybe it is worth a shot to poke them through your MP.

• Sad
Reactions: Andres0

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
Hi,

I applied under CEC
I got my AOR on Jul 16, 2023
Background verification status completed
on Oct 25, 2023 (according to PR Tracker)
MedicalExam status updated to completed on Oct 27, 2023 (according to PR Tracker)
Biometrics uploaded on Nov 3, 2023
Currently, my Eligibility status also shows completed on the PR Tracker. not sure when this was updated but on the tracker it shows my application was last updated on Nov 7, 2023

So technically all 4 show completed on my PR Tracker but my application status is still "In Progress"

I am not sure what this means and what would next steps be. I haven't yet received any communication from IRCC. Does anyone know what I should be expecting next?

Thank you for all your help!
This is very normal. You are good for now and be happy that Eligibility and Background are completed. Congrats. Hope you receive some good news soon.

Keep checking your PR tracker and see if COPR is generated or not. You should get an approval letter and request to confirm your PR if you are Inland Candidate.

lilmsfoodie

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
I've uploaded my IME ON MAY 29, 2023. But I used my IME from my previous work permit application which was done on March 18, 2023. Now what would be my COPR Expiry?

Is it March 2024 or May 2024?
I think they adjust it and I'm not sure what's the logic now. I did my medical January 2022 (meaning 1 year is January 2023) but my Medical Expiry is August 1, 2024.

Reactions: aahmed.pbl

Seej

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
Hi everyone, just wanted to share my timeline in case it helps:

1. When did you receive an email asking for information? - 09/27/2023
2. When did you receive your log in details for the portal? - 10/05/2023
3. When did you declare your presence in Canada, updated the address and uploaded a picture on the portal? - 10/05/2023
4. When did you receive ECOPR? - 11/15/2023
5. What is the VO? - Etobicoke
6. When did you receive your PR card in the mail? - 12/04/2023
7. COPR expiry - June 2024

Reactions: makaloo

kidaz

Feb 20, 2022
You can create your own temporary filters in the meantime and use that to sort and filter information. What matters is for everyone to put down their information in the sheet.
You cannot create temporary filters. They disabled that.