+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

lilmsfoodie

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Me and anujagurav are waiting 53 and 54 days now. From what I've seen in the past, I think most people get it around 60 days at the latest. However, for some very unlucky people it takes several months. The longest I've seen is 7 months.
I'm assuming that your GU the other day doesn't mean anything as well. But 7 months for an eCOPR is too much.

maple_steve

Oct 10, 2023
Portal 2: 6 September.

Contacted MP 6 October but it takes them 3-4 weeks to hear anything back from IRCC.

Does anyone know what the officer actually has to do to release the eCOPR? I declared my presence in Canada so what do they actually have to do? They can't check I'm actually in the country. Surely this can be an entirely automated process? What am I waiting for someone in Montreal to do? What is the process on their side? It can't be very much. All of the hard work was done before this stage.

Reactions: di2ger

_official

Star Member
Oct 18, 2023
Guys Im waiting for my ecopr for over 40 days. I know I'm the unluckiest one but this is too much whats going on??

CEC
Montreal VO
P2: Sept 12
Oh please don’t say that. You are not unlucky at all. Some of us are waiting here for portal 1 email. You can certainly imagine the stress. You are just one step away. I pray that you get eCOPR soon.

sharmajikaladka

Jul 26, 2019
CEC Applicant

GCKEY:

Latest update
:
Final decision - October 11, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

IRCC-TRACKER:

Updated: Oct 12, 2023:

Biometrics - Completed
Medical exam - Completed
Eligibility - Completed
Background verification - Completed

COPR Doc Numb - visible in the tracker

No portal 1 email as yet, does anybody have a similar timeline? and how long do I have to wait?
I am in the same boat as you. I saw the update in GCkey on October 13th- Final decision. But then on checking the tracker, BGC and Eligibility was showing as in progress.

Then on October 16th, the tracker showed everything as completed and I can see the COPR number in the documents section as well, but I have not yet received the portal emails.

Please keep in the loop incase you have an update.

Reactions: ma09

yardman876

Oct 20, 2023
I am in the same boat as you. I saw the update in GCkey on October 13th- Final decision. But then on checking the tracker, BGC and Eligibility was showing as in progress.

Then on October 16th, the tracker showed everything as completed and I can see the COPR number in the documents section as well, but I have not yet received the portal emails.

Please keep in the loop incase you have an update.
Interesting, maybe we are in the same batch, I wonder what is taking so long.