+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Oct 4, 2023
Hello everyone, I'm thrilled to share that I finally received my eCOPR today around 8:30 am!

My application timeline:

P1: Sept 11th
P2: Sept 21st
eCOPR: Oct 18th
Visa Office: Montreal
Application Pathway: BC PNP Tech EE FSW
Applicant Status: Single applicant, non dependents

My eCOPR is valid until March 4th, 2024. I didn't need to send any follow-up emails during the waiting period.

I'd like to express my sincere gratitude to everyone on this forum for their support. It was crucial during this lengthy wait, and I never felt alone.

Wishing everyone the best in receiving your documents soon – stay resilient! You're incredibly close to achieving your goals.

haotran

Oct 18, 2023
Portal 1: 8th Sep
Portal 2: 14th Sep, upload address and photo same day
ecopr: Still waiting

V.O Montreal
I have a concern now with the application. If I get fired from my job while waiting for the ecopr, would it effect the application at this final stage? I got nominated from Alberta AINP program and applied through Express Entry

Last edited:

nkaur17

Star Member
Oct 5, 2022
Portal 1: 8th Sep
Portal 2: 14th Sep, upload address and photo same day
ecopr: Still waiting

V.O Montreal
I have a concern now with the application. If I get fired from my job while waiting for the ecopr, would it effect the application at this final stage? I got nominated from Alberta AINP program and applied through Express Entry
First of all I hope so that doesn’t happens with you. Secondly it wont affect your copr because your eligibility and background check is already done as you already received the portal request i.e pr approval

Reactions: di2ger

KB_Asks

Aug 24, 2021
Hi,

I am a valid PGWP holder (with an expired TRV) and an inland CEC applicant waiting for confirmation of my status as a permanent resident. On September 5, I received the Portal 2 email and submitted the required information to confirm my status in Canada (residential status, mailing address, photo) on September 11. It has been 37 days and there has been no movement on my case since then; both my address and photo continue to be "In review with IRCC" plus my in-Canada declaration has not been accepted on the portal (but I can see my COPR document details on the PR application status tracker for weeks now). I have sent a webform as well as an email to the Montreal VO with my details.

The catch is that I have upcoming travel plans: I depart for India on November 18 and intend to return to Canada on January 3. But at this time — without a TRV, or a PR card, or even an eCOPR to apply for a PRTD from India — I don't have valid travel authorization. Requesting advice on the best option (or combination of options) to pursue at this moment:

1. Apply for a TRV from within Canada and hope to have it approved and my passport stamped in 4 weeks. (The risk is that I don't receive the approval or my passport back in time.)
2. Apply for a TRV from outside Canada (when I'm in India) and hope to have it approved and my passport stamped in 6 weeks. (The risk is that I don't receive the approval or my passport back in time.)
3. Wait for my eCOPR over the next month or so, and on the basis of that, apply for a PRTD from India.
4. Do nothing and cancel my travel plans.

Given the progression of my PR application since May, it seemed that everything would be wrapped up well in time for me to travel and that I wouldn't need another TRV if I had my PR card; it doesn't seem so any more. Any advice is hugely appreciated!

lilmsfoodie

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Hello everyone, I'm thrilled to share that I finally received my eCOPR today around 8:30 am!

My application timeline:

P1: Sept 11th
P2: Sept 21st
eCOPR: Oct 18th
Visa Office: Montreal
Application Pathway: BC PNP Tech EE FSW
Applicant Status: Single applicant, non dependents

My eCOPR is valid until March 4th, 2024. I didn't need to send any follow-up emails during the waiting period.

I'd like to express my sincere gratitude to everyone on this forum for their support. It was crucial during this lengthy wait, and I never felt alone.

Wishing everyone the best in receiving your documents soon – stay resilient! You're incredibly close to achieving your goals.
Hi. May I know when your AOR was? Did you do any follow-ups (webforms/calls)? Thank you.

Last edited:

dvdmrn

Aug 21, 2020
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
13-03-2023
Med's Done....
FEB 2023
Hi,

I am a valid PGWP holder (with an expired TRV) and an inland CEC applicant waiting for confirmation of my status as a permanent resident. On September 5, I received the Portal 2 email and submitted the required information to confirm my status in Canada (residential status, mailing address, photo) on September 11. It has been 37 days and there has been no movement on my case since then; both my address and photo continue to be "In review with IRCC" plus my in-Canada declaration has not been accepted on the portal (but I can see my COPR document details on the PR application status tracker for weeks now). I have sent a webform as well as an email to the Montreal VO with my details.

The catch is that I have upcoming travel plans: I depart for India on November 18 and intend to return to Canada on January 3. But at this time — without a TRV, or a PR card, or even an eCOPR to apply for a PRTD from India — I don't have valid travel authorization. Requesting advice on the best option (or combination of options) to pursue at this moment:

1. Apply for a TRV from within Canada and hope to have it approved and my passport stamped in 4 weeks. (The risk is that I don't receive the approval or my passport back in time.)
2. Apply for a TRV from outside Canada (when I'm in India) and hope to have it approved and my passport stamped in 6 weeks. (The risk is that I don't receive the approval or my passport back in time.)
3. Wait for my eCOPR over the next month or so, and on the basis of that, apply for a PRTD from India.
4. Do nothing and cancel my travel plans.

Given the progression of my PR application since May, it seemed that everything would be wrapped up well in time for me to travel and that I wouldn't need another TRV if I had my PR card; it doesn't seem so any more. Any advice is hugely appreciated!
I think you can apply "from outside of Canada" ASAP, and submit your passport in India. As for the portal, you can reply saying you will be back in Canada on January 3.

Paranoid-1989

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
Hi I am in a same situation,

Portal 1: September 1st
Portal 2: September 10th (submitted address and photo same day)
Still waiting for eCoPR.

I am Inland main application my COPR is expiring on November 23rd, 2023. My family is outland and got their passports stamped and their COPR, Visa and Medical is also expiring on November 23rd, 2023. Can they travel without me having my eCoPR?

I tried calling IRCC several times they are not responding. Also I did email explaining my situation but there is no response. MP is also not given any solution so far.

Can anyone please advise what i am suppose to act in this situation. Thanks
No they cannot travel before you. You need to have eCOPR first.