+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Sunish Rao

Dec 3, 2021
Portal 2: September 6
Ecopr: waiting

will the current turmoil between India Canada delay this process further ?

I heard that people got the Ecopr one day after portal 2 submission. It’s been weeks and I have not heard anything

can we do something about this or just wait and watch ?

Reactions: harinder_singh

kele07

Star Member
Jul 5, 2023
My full name is written everywhere (included PR portal) as capital letter. I'm not sure if it will be the same on PR card as well?

it's this format: XXXXX XXXXXXXX

But i want: Xxxxx Xxxxxxx

If i send webform to request to change it, would it take long time?

Sunish Rao

Dec 3, 2021
My full name is written everywhere (included PR portal) as capital letter. I'm not sure if it will be the same on PR card as well?

it's this format: XXXXX XXXXXXXX

But i want: Xxxxx Xxxxxxx

If i send webform to request to change it, would it take long time?
I think it won’t matter. Capitals or small
As long as you get the PR card

I feel if you inform them using web form it will delay the process for sure

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Portal 2: September 6
Ecopr: waiting

will the current turmoil between India Canada delay this process further ?

I heard that people got the Ecopr one day after portal 2 submission. It’s been weeks and I have not heard anything

can we do something about this or just wait and watch ?
Lately eCoPRs have been delayed and it happened at least a week before the Canada-India political drama.
So I am hopeful that it won't have any bearing on issuing eCoPRs.

Reactions: Akshay778

yang9866

Star Member
Mar 10, 2023
I am wondering does waiting for eCOPR mean the application has already been approved. If there is any change to my circumstance will this affect my application. I mean mostly changes to employment, not like getting married etc.

Akshay778

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
I am wondering does waiting for eCOPR mean the application has already been approved. If there is any change to my circumstance will this affect my application. I mean mostly changes to employment, not like getting married etc.
It is recommended you dont have any changes in circumstances until you get the ecopr to be on the safe side.

yang9866

Star Member
Mar 10, 2023
It is recommended you dont have any changes in circumstances until you get the ecopr to be on the safe side.
Thanks. I am not planning on changing anything. I am just wondering what if something happen and I lose my job etc. Although I am on a provincial nomination not bond to employer.

Akshay778

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Thanks. I am not planning on changing anything. I am just wondering what if something happen and I lose my job etc. Although I am on a provincial nomination not bond to employer.
that should be ok too. It is better you consult a consultant regarding this to be on the safer side. Cheers. Hopefully we all get the confirmation soon and do not have to worry.

Reactions: yang9866

Andres0

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
I am wondering the same thing. Also, when can we start changing SIN, and informing banks or employers etc?
Yes, the application is approved. You don't get a portal invite otherwise. However, you need the eCOPR to get PR status in order to do anything. Until then, you're in limbo. It's not much different from waiting for a work permit, visitor record or other document to be mailed even though the application has been approved already.

Reactions: prexxxter