+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

jjrue

Jan 17, 2023
PR Confirmation e-mail - Jan 14 2023 (Replied the same day)
Email with PR Portal credentials - Pending
Photo & Address upload to PR Portal - Pending
eCoPR generation date - Pending
PR Card received - Pending
VO - Etobicoke

CEC Inland applicant with inland dependent.

How long should I expect the email with PR portal credentials?
Update: It was a good journey for my family:

Email with PR Portal credentials - Jan 17 2023
Photo & Address upload to PR Portal - Jan 17 2023
eCoPR generation date - Jan 20 2023
PR Card received - Waiting
VO - Etobicoke

gottagetthatpr

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
Hello Experts?

What is the normal eCOPR waiting time? is there any email ID or phone number where we can send them an email or call them to check out status? Any help would be appreciated.
if you would take cases from Oct, Nov onwards, the average wait period that I'm seeing is 45 to 60 days from PR email to COPR. But surprisingly that is a little faster for the Dec, Jan PR Conf emails.

Reactions: vkamath

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
if you would take cases from Oct, Nov onwards, the average wait period that I'm seeing is 45 to 60 days from PR email to COPR. But surprisingly that is a little faster for the Dec, Jan PR Conf emails.
I wish they had integrated address verification with Provincial licensing methods where the user providers the address and driver license if they both match. boom the eCOPR is generated immediately.

Reactions: gottagetthatpr

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Curious to know if the times differ for the stream you are in as opposed to the VO.
Yes wait times do differ based on stream and VO. Generally CEC and express entry are processed much faster than PNP. But you do have cases in the reverse. That is why IRCC processing time is completely chaotic

gottagetthatpr

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
I wish they had integrated address verification with Provincial licensing methods where the user providers the address and driver license if they both match. boom the eCOPR is generated immediately.
that's a really cool thought. But after all, it's IRCC. They have been doing good only very recently. Hope they might just add something like this to make things more seamless once the decision has been made. hope they won't jinx this streak.

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
Yes wait times do differ based on stream and VO. Generally CEC and express entry are processed much faster than PNP. But you do have cases in the reverse. That is why IRCC processing time is completely chaotic
We are spousal outland although spouse here in canada with visitor visa. suspect it may be a while

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
Good to know wish there was a official document from ircc on how eCOPR is generate like its there for PR approval process

ntnt

Jan 20, 2023
This is what IRCC respond to my friend. (Just because if you need written proof) :)

IRCC PR Portal / Portail RP IRCC

To: Gagan

9:51 PM

Hello,

Unfortunately we can not give you your ecopr, until you return to Canada. Once you return, please send us an email and we may continue the landing process.

Regards, lASt

See More
Hi MSCG,

I have a similar situation here, I received my second portal email (upload photo & confirm address) Jan 17th, and I need to travel on Jan 29th. I replied first portal email to inform I will be outside Canada in that period, but still don't have reply yet.

1. Did your friend leave Canada after upload photo/confirm address in PR portal?
2. Did your friend use the first portal email to communicate with IRCC? or webform? and how long did it take them to reply?

My concern is that while I'm abroad, if IRCC did not see my email of leaving Canada, and still processed eCOPR, then I will have trouble re-enter Canada.

Please help, I'm very worried now as I don't want to miss my PR and also don't want to waste the money for the vacation.

Thank you very much!

Sub2808

Feb 3, 2022
Hi,

Did anyone have a problem with the photo in the portal after getting CoPR? It says the file is not uploaded but the photo is there if I click the option to upload it again. I tried to re-upload, but it keeps saying "File Note Uploaded". Not sure if this is a glitch or if IRCC is rejecting my photo. Please help.

Last edited:

AniaBania

Jan 5, 2023
Ah, you are about 1 week after me, and I am still waiting for eCOPR. My timeline (PNP-Inland):

PR Confirmation e-mail - Dec. 15, 2022 (Replied Dec. 16)
Email with PR Portal credentials - Dec 28, 2022
Photo & Address upload to PR Portal - Dec 28, 2022
eCoPR generation date - Pending
PR Card received - Pending
VO - Calgary
I also got my confirmation email on the 21st, replayed the same day, and I am waiting for eCoPR from Jan. 6th, I am also inland and Calgary.
My collogue from work got his email on the 21st and got his eCopr before Christmas. So confusing.

Reactions: Mihir_Gajjar

MSCG

Oct 5, 2021
Hi MSCG,

I have a similar situation here, I received my second portal email (upload photo & confirm address) Jan 17th, and I need to travel on Jan 29th. I replied first portal email to inform I will be outside Canada in that period, but still don't have reply yet.

1. Did your friend leave Canada after upload photo/confirm address in PR portal?
2. Did your friend use the first portal email to communicate with IRCC? or webform? and how long did it take them to reply?

My concern is that while I'm abroad, if IRCC did not see my email of leaving Canada, and still processed eCOPR, then I will have trouble re-enter Canada.

Please help, I'm very worried now as I don't want to miss my PR and also don't want to waste the money for the vacation.

Thank you very much!
In my opinion, your PR should be your first priority. I mean your file is at its last stage. I was in same situation like you, i cancelled my ticket & still waiting for my ECOPR since Nov 21 but luckily I got almost full refund back from the airline. I would recommend you should wait for ECOPR because i see nowadays new approved applications getting Ecopr very quickly & you would be in peace of mind.

But if you travel is urgent then yes upload your picture & send them an email or call IRCC & let them know that you are leaving & let them know your when you’re coming back.

dixon_davis

Aug 3, 2017
Update: It was a good journey for my family:

Email with PR Portal credentials - Jan 17 2023
Photo & Address upload to PR Portal - Jan 17 2023
eCoPR generation date - Jan 20 2023
PR Card received - Waiting
VO - Etobicoke

Oh congrats ... thats real quick ! what is your AOR date ? just curious if the AOR date has any connection with eCOPR.

Reactions: gottagetthatpr

CEC Applicant 2022

Dec 22, 2022
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-11-2022
PR Confirmation e-mail - Jan 19 2023