+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

ZainebBel

Jul 17, 2019
Uploaded photos to portal: October 30
Ecopr: January 12
VO: Montreal

Sent them a follow up email yesterday and today it was approved. Not sure if it influenced on anything.

Wish everyone the best of luck!
Which email did you use to follow up with them please ?

radhika98

Star Member
May 3, 2017
My advice is you, take a leave of absent after 3 days. Just don't work after the work permit expires you can get your job back after ecopr. comes in
Thanks for the advice. I wonder if it would take another month or two like some of the applicants then it won't be a good idea to not work for that long. I am considering applying for BOWP for backup however I have emailed IRCC today, hopefully, they will get back to me with their suggestions or may be direct ECOPR ;) Let's see!

samuel waithaka

Jan 4, 2023
Thanks for the advice. I wonder if it would take another month or two like some of the applicants then it won't be a good idea to not work for that long. I am considering applying for BOWP for backup however I have emailed IRCC today, hopefully, they will get back to me with their suggestions or may be direct ECOPR ;) Let's see!
No, it wont take that long mine took 2 months and the holidays kind of made the long wait

Reactions: radhika98

Harsh93

Jan 12, 2023
Hi Everyone, I have an Important Question.
I am waiting on eCoPR since 27th December and my work permit expires on 16th January (IN 3 DAYS). Do I need to apply for BOWP in this case if I already received the portal credential (& email confirming PR which is not exactly eCoPR) so we won't need BOWP? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Mine timeline is as follows:
PR Confirmation e-mail & asking for more info - Dec 15th, 2022
Email with PR Portal credentials - Dec 22nd, 2022
Photo & Address upload to PR Portal - Dec 27th, 2022
eCoPR generation date - Pending
PR Cards received - Pending
VO - Calgary
I am in the same situation almost and my WP is about to expire in 25 days and waiting for eCOPR from Dec 17th

jayantsingh

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Hi Everyone, I have an Important Question.
I am waiting on eCoPR since 27th December and my work permit expires on 16th January (IN 3 DAYS). Do I need to apply for BOWP in this case if I already received the portal credential (& email confirming PR which is not exactly eCoPR) so we won't need BOWP? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Mine timeline is as follows:
PR Confirmation e-mail & asking for more info - Dec 15th, 2022
Email with PR Portal credentials - Dec 22nd, 2022
Photo & Address upload to PR Portal - Dec 27th, 2022
VO - Calgary
My advice is to submit a BOWP application as soon as possible. The system will send you an email extending your status by 120 days. Don't worry about the money...they will eventually reject your BOWP and return your money. by the way, I am in a similar situation. But because of BOWP, I got an extension of 120 days. Today I received an extension for my medical coverage also.

Last edited:

anilch

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2011
Doc's Request.
sent along with the application
IELTS Request
sent along with the application
Received eCoPR yesterday evening.
VO Montreal
Permanent residence application approval email on September 26th, 2022.
Photo uploaded on pr confirmation portal on October 6, 2022.

radhika98

Star Member
May 3, 2017
My advice is to submit a BOWP application as soon as possible. The system will send you an email extending your status by 120 days. Don't worry about the money...they will eventually reject your BOWP and return your money. by the way, I am in a similar situation. But because of BOWP, I got an extension of 120 days. Today I received an extension for my medical coverage also.
Thanks for letting me know. How long did it take for you to get an email of extension after submitting BOWP? or is it an instant email thing?

Hiranjw

Nov 23, 2022
PR Confirmation e-mail & asking for more info - Dec 15th, 2022 (I replied same day)
Email with PR Portal credentials - Dec 28th 2022
Photo & Address upload to PR Portal - 28th Dec 2022
VO - Calgary