Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
24-08-2022
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Passport Req..
29-12-2022
But its 4 months for the whole process right? Not the time to get our pr cards after ecopr?
It depends what you mean by "whole process". But my guess is they will not look into it before you have your eCOPR. Having eCOPR technically means that you virtually landed and you are now a PR. So they would not start to make your card before you become a PR.

dennajort

Star Member
Jul 20, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
24-08-2022
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Passport Req..
29-12-2022
Hi
Uploaded pictures n address on 3rd Jan , still waiting for ECOPR. Can I leave Canada while I am waiting for ECoPR?
Thanks
I advise you to not leave Canada until you get your PR card.
Once you receive eCOPR, you become a permanent resident and your temporary work/study permit stops. This means that now, to enter Canada you need either a PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) that can take quite some time to get.
So you can technically travel back BEFORE receiving eCOPR, but you never know when it will arrive so don't try is my advice.

Yamiyeung

Jan 11, 2023
I advise you to not leave Canada until you get your PR card.
Once you receive eCOPR, you become a permanent resident and your temporary work/study permit stops. This means that now, to enter Canada you need either a PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) that can take quite some time to get.
So you can technically travel back BEFORE receiving eCOPR, but you never know when it will arrive so don't try is my advice.
Thanks for your advice
my grandfather has serious illness so I really want to go back home to see him.
I tried to call and can’t reach to the agent.

it’s seem take longer then I thought. Everyone is waiting since Nov.

0RJ7

Jan 11, 2023
1. When did you receive an email asking for information? Jan 5th (Replied same day)
2. When did you receive your log in details for the portal? Waiting
3. When did you declare your presence in Canada, updated the address and uploaded a picture on the portal? Waiting
4. When did you receive ECOPR? Pending
5. What is the VO? Calgary
6. When did you receive your PR card in the mail? Pending

samuel waithaka

Jan 4, 2023
It depends what you mean by "whole process". But my guess is they will not look into it before you have your eCOPR. Having eCOPR technically means that you virtually landed and you are now a PR. So they would not start to make your card before you become a PR.
well explained

dennajort

Star Member
Jul 20, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
24-08-2022
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Passport Req..
29-12-2022
Thanks for your advice

You can leave but in order to come back without a card, you will need to ask for a PRTD from the visa office abroad.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html

It may be possible to ask for an urgent processing in your case, but be ready to wait 6 weeks or more abroad for the PRTD. They will not deliver a PRTD urgently for you if you don't really need it urgently.

tejasmpatel24

Jan 5, 2023
Thanks for your advice

I am sorry to hear your situation hopefully your grandfather recovers soon, from what i have heard and read, even if you do have an Ecopr and not the PR card or the PRTD you can still come back by road. So if i were in your position, on my way back I would fly to states and then drive across the border. As long as you have Ecopr and a Canadian ID the border officer will let you come back to Canada by road ONLY.

Reactions: dan111

dhruvjani5397

Nov 15, 2022
Hello friends,

I got an email for PR confirmation on 11th January, 2023. Currently, I am in India, when I get this email. I am going back to Canada on 22nd January, 2023. They are asking me whether, currently I am in Canada or not.

So, Should I reply to this email or wait until I reach Canada on 22nd January, 2023. After portal 1 email, how much time, do we need to respond to IRCC?

Should I reschedule my flight to reach early in Canada?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Hello friends,

I got an email for PR confirmation on 11th January, 2023. Currently, I am in India, when I get this email. I am going back to Canada on 22nd January, 2023. They are asking me whether, currently I am in Canada or not.

So, Should I reply to this email or wait until I reach Canada on 22nd January, 2023. After portal 1 email, how much time, do we need to respond to IRCC?

Should I reschedule my flight to reach early in Canada?
You have some options. Rescheduling your flight to an earlier date is one option. Another one could be to just wait until you return to reply. And a third option would be to reply stating you are out of the country and specify your return date. For the third option IRCC would respond informing you that they will pause the portal confirmation until you return.

dhruvjani5397

Nov 15, 2022
You have some options. Rescheduling your flight to an earlier date is one option. Another one could be to just wait until you return to reply. And a third option would be to reply stating you are out of the country and specify your return date. For the third option IRCC would respond informing you that they will pause the portal confirmation until you return.
Which option is more preferable? Do I need to upload web form when, I reach to Canada and mention them about my travel?

dennajort

Star Member
Jul 20, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
24-08-2022
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Passport Req..
29-12-2022
Got my eCoPR this morning !

PR Confirmation e-mail - Dec 29 (Replied next day)
Email with PR Portal credentials - Jan 04
Photo & Address upload to PR Portal -Jan 04
eCOPR generation date - Jan 12
PR Cards received - Pending

VO Etobicoke

Any update on eCoPR from Etobicoke office?