Background pass: 22 Sep
Everything completed on tracker: Sep 22
First email: Sep 26
Second email: October 4
Photo submitted: October 5
Office: Etobicoke
Medical expiry: May 2, 2024

ECoPr: November 10

Congrats.....this is becoming frustrating with Montreal office...... Sending mails is not evening changing things.

brainoconner

Nov 17, 2022
If you get the eCOPR, all temporary resident documents become invalid and you have to enter as a PR. You have two options:
  1. Apply for a PRTD while outside Canada, then you can return by air or any way you like
  2. Travel to the US and cross the US-Canada land border in a private vehicle (can be on foot too) showing your eCOPR and passport at the border
Note that you cannot receive the eCOPR while outside Canada. You'd have to receive it before you travel.

I'm waiting since Aug 28, VO Montreal.

Hey Andres, got my work permit after canceling my flight. Considering leaving before receiving the physical work permit, notifying authorities about leaving the country so they don't issue eCOPR, and try to return without excising work permit in 3 weeks. Unsure what to do—facing stress and relationship challenges. Any advice?

Andres0

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Hey Andres, got my work permit after canceling my flight. Considering leaving before receiving the physical work permit, notifying authorities about leaving the country so they don't issue eCOPR, and try to return without excising work permit in 3 weeks. Unsure what to do—facing stress and relationship challenges. Any advice?
Congrats! I'd wait for the work permit to arrive, shouldn't be long now, just mailing time, a week or two. You can try to re-enter as a visitor too, but it might be easier to get through CBSA with the work permit. And yeah, you should reply to the portal 1 email again or send a webform and notify them of the dates you'll be outside Canada so they pause your eCOPR.

When did you apply for the work permit? I applied back in July and still waiting.

brainoconner

Nov 17, 2022
Congrats! I'd wait for the work permit to arrive, shouldn't be long now, just mailing time, a week or two. You can try to re-enter as a visitor too, but it might be easier to get through CBSA with the work permit. And yeah, you should reply to the portal 1 email again or send a webform and notify them of the dates you'll be outside Canada so they pause your eCOPR.

When did you apply for the work permit? I applied back in July and still waiting.
Applied in July 6th. Thanks mate. Hope you get it soon as well. Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: Andres0

jasbir101

May 4, 2022
In my case, my dependant who is outside Canada, got the PPR one month before I got the PR confirmation email. I am in Canada all along. In fact, my dependant got the passport request, got it stamped along with the COPR - all before I received my first PR confirmation email from Calgary . Right now I am still waiting for my e-COPR . So in my case I can see that they are not interdependent in any way.
Hi , Can you please confirm if PPR had primary applicant name and UCI or dependents. We are yet to receive portal email for primary applicant (inland) but got Passport request addressed to primary applicant so confused it is for primary (inland) or dependent (outland)

Seej

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
Hi , Can you please confirm if PPR had primary applicant name and UCI or dependents. We are yet to receive portal email for primary applicant (inland) but got Passport request addressed to primary applicant so confused it is for primary (inland) or dependent (outland)
[/QUOT
Mine was address to primary applicant and not the dependant, and that what they used to summit their passport.

Seej

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
Mine was address to the primary applicant and not the dependant, that's what they used to summit their passport.

jasbir101

May 4, 2022
PPR is addressed to Primary Applucant(inland)
Mine was addressed to the primary applicant and not the dependant, that's what they used to submit their passport.
Thank you for the information. I applied to CEC (Inland). Me and one of my dependents ( kid )is in Canada . My husband is in the USA. The instruction letter to submit a passport to VAC New york is in the Primary applicant's name (my name). I did not receive the portal email. Can I travel to the USA and submit my passport along with my husband's passport?

Seej

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
PPR is addressed to Primary Applucant(inland)

Thank you for the information. I applied to CEC (Inland). Me and one of my dependents ( kid )is in Canada . My husband is in the USA. The instruction letter to submit a passport to VAC New york is in the Primary applicant's name (my name). I did not receive the portal email. Can I travel to the USA and submit my passport along with my husband's passport?
You can, but I think you won't be able to enter the country without ecorp to return to canada

jasbir101

May 4, 2022
You can, but I think you won't be able to enter the country without ecorp to return to canada
I think If I apply to VAC New York even though I am the primary Applicant (CEC-Inland) along with my husband then I will get copr.I am not sure CEC (inland) can apply to COPR through VAC Newyork though

Reactions: Seej

Nandy6

Aug 22, 2019
Hi,

I applied under CEC
I got my AOR on Jul 16, 2023
Background verification status completed
on Oct 25, 2023 (according to PR Tracker)
MedicalExam status updated to completed on Oct 27, 2023 (according to PR Tracker)
Biometrics uploaded on Nov 3, 2023
Currently, my Eligibility status also shows completed on the PR Tracker. not sure when this was updated but on the tracker it shows my application was last updated on Nov 7, 2023

So technically all 4 show completed on my PR Tracker but my application status is still "In Progress"

I am not sure what this means and what would next steps be. I haven't yet received any communication from IRCC. Does anyone know what I should be expecting next?

Thank you for all your help!