+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Confirmation Portal - Outside Canada

leonie024

Aug 1, 2021
Hey everyone!

I received an email from IRCC PR Portal on August 12 which I replied to on August 15 stating the information they required and that I am currently residing in the UK (I have been upfront about this from the start of my application process). They replied on August 16 with the following:

'Dear Client,
Thank you for informing us that you are overseas.
Unfortunately, we cannot process your PR application unless you are in Canada.
Please let us know when you are back in Canada, so that your PR application can be processed.
Alternatively, if you are to remain overseas for many months, we can transfer your file to the local mission for finalization and COPR issuance. Please advise.'

I have not yet submitted my Canadian Criminal record check (as it has not arrived yet) and have not received any other correspondence through my CIC account. So I wonder if I should wait for my police check?!

Is anyone else going through this? I was waiting until my PR was confirmed before I travel back to Canada to ensure I can work once I get there. I don't know if I should be travelling to Canada to wait for them to confirm PR or how long it would take them to finalise it from a 'local mission'.

I have researched this and cannot find any information!! I have a boyfriend and a dog waiting for me in Canada who I haven't seen since the start of the pandemic so hope I can get all this done ASAP!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

kotian

Jul 9, 2021
I believe only if you receive RCMP request for criminal record check, you might need to apply for police clearance certificate, else it might not be required.
On the other hand, if you do have a valid visa, you can travel back to Canada and update address through Webform to IRCC. Since for outlanders they started processing from 2019 backlog, you might have to wait for few more months.

karthicktalk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hey everyone!

I received an email from IRCC PR Portal on August 12 which I replied to on August 15 stating the information they required and that I am currently residing in the UK (I have been upfront about this from the start of my application process). They replied on August 16 with the following:

'Dear Client,
Thank you for informing us that you are overseas.
Unfortunately, we cannot process your PR application unless you are in Canada.
Please let us know when you are back in Canada, so that your PR application can be processed.
Alternatively, if you are to remain overseas for many months, we can transfer your file to the local mission for finalization and COPR issuance. Please advise.'

I have not yet submitted my Canadian Criminal record check (as it has not arrived yet) and have not received any other correspondence through my CIC account. So I wonder if I should wait for my police check?!

Is anyone else going through this? I was waiting until my PR was confirmed before I travel back to Canada to ensure I can work once I get there. I don't know if I should be travelling to Canada to wait for them to confirm PR or how long it would take them to finalise it from a 'local mission'.

I have researched this and cannot find any information!! I have a boyfriend and a dog waiting for me in Canada who I haven't seen since the start of the pandemic so hope I can get all this done ASAP!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Can you share, how long will it take for you to come back, so, did they send you another email? Did you send them an email after you came back? This will really help, thanks