17-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 upfront
LANDED..........
11-06-2016 flagpole
Hello,
My PR Card will expire soon. When should I apply for a new one and HOW do I do that?
Where can I find the link? How much will it cost?

.... or should I apply for Citizen???
Can I keep My German Passport than as well? How much does it cost to get Citizen Card? How many month before the PR Card would expire should I apply for Citizenship?

thank you
Emma :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
My PR Card will expire soon. When should I apply for a new one and HOW do I do that?
Where can I find the link? How much will it cost?

.... or should I apply for Citizen???
Can I keep My German Passport than as well? How much does it cost to get Citizen Card? How many month before the PR Card would expire should I apply for Citizenship?

thank you
Emma :)
Your choice if you apply to renew your PR card or apply for citizenship or both. Detailed information is in the link below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply.html

Abhi375in

Jun 16, 2020
Hi,

I got my PR card in 2015 but due to some unavoidable situation I couldn't complied with the residency obligation. My card will expire in Sep 2020 and hence to renew the card, I'm planning to go to Canada with family in July/ August 2020.

Need urgent help on below please.

1. Please suggest about the treatment/question in Toronto Airport?
2. I changed my son's name (Addition of surname in his name). His first name is same. What additional document I'll have to carry, if any and if required?
3. Whether the banking or financial companies will ask for the PR card as back ground documents before offering job?

Regards

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I got my PR card in 2015 but due to some unavoidable situation I couldn't complied with the residency obligation. My card will expire in Sep 2020 and hence to renew the card, I'm planning to go to Canada with family in July/ August 2020.

Need urgent help on below please.

1. Please suggest about the treatment/question in Toronto Airport?
2. I changed my son's name (Addition of surname in his name). His first name is same. What additional document I'll have to carry, if any and if required?
3. Whether the banking or financial companies will ask for the PR card as back ground documents before offering job?

Regards
1. You don't meet your RO so the questions will be about your RO and why you haven't complied. Whether you get reported depends on the agent. The 5 years period started when you landed. Yes your son may not be allowed to board with a PR card with a different name. You can try bringing any legal documents with you that showed that you petitioned for the name change. You really should have applied for a new PR card with the updated name but you weren't in Canada.

Abhi375in

Jun 16, 2020
Hi Kanuck,

W.r.t. name change document for my son, I'll carry his old passport and the new one. In addition to this, I've also received a sworn affidavit ( given by me), issued by the Indian Consular, I hope this should serve the purpose. Pls share if you've some observation/view here.

Yes, I couldn't meet the RO requirement and not sure how they will treat this in the airport, your input is highly required here. Should I carry a written document clarifying the reason for not meeting the RO? Pls put all the relevant point as this will help me to prepare myself.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Think your biggest issue is actually finding a flight if you have not booked one. The fact that you have been out of Canada for 5 years will be up to CBSA if the choose to report you. Others have sacrificed to meet a very lenient RO so not meeting it comes with a big risk.