+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card Urgent processing!

SANA96

Jul 7, 2014
jimmy1829 said:
Received my card in mail last Thursday. It took about a week for urgent processing.
Hi Jimmy,
I just wanted to know how long it took for you to get your card since you submitted your application.

thanks
sana

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
SANA96 said:
Hi Jimmy,
I just wanted to know how long it took for you to get your card since you submitted your application.

thanks
sana
a little over 1 and half month, but my application was not processed urgently at the beginning.

From the actual process to receive the card takes about 1 week or so.

al26

Aug 30, 2012
Hi Jimmy,
Congrats on getting renewed pr card. As you know it's almost one and a half month now and i am not able to get any response frm cic abt urgent processing of pr cards, my travel date was 18 july. I have now extended my travel date to 29 July. Is it worthwhile to send the new travel info to get urgent processing? Do they respond to such cases?

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
al26 said:
Hi Jimmy,
Congrats on getting renewed pr card. As you know it's almost one and a half month now and i am not able to get any response frm cic abt urgent processing of pr cards, my travel date was 18 july. I have now extended my travel date to 29 July. Is it worthwhile to send the new travel info to get urgent processing? Do they respond to such cases?
Absolutely! That is how I got my application into the urgent processing queue. I do not know how they determine one's application is qualified for urgent processing even though I supply all necessary documents at the beginning and unfortunately been processing normally.

Send your new travel info to CIC-Telecentre-Contact-PRC-CRP@cic.gc.ca

toronto_man

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
hi

did the CIC help line confirm they received your application? if yes, did they say it is urgent processing? or did they say it will go for further review?

did u specify you are self employed in application with many stamps?

regards

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
PR Urgent Processing - goes under a special criteria, where the CIC Officer performs a few check and unless satisfied will no pass the application as Urgent. Which means, an applicant showing return tickets, is not always accepted as an urgent case.

Had a similar case with my Family Member - where we got declined to process as an urgent case, as there were some discrepancies in the number of days stayed in the country. They had to review the application further.

SANA96

Jul 7, 2014
Hi Jimmy,

I tried to submit my travel documents for urgent processing through the email address that you provided but it says the email is not valid!
can you help me with that please?

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
SANA96 said:
Hi Jimmy,

I tried to submit my travel documents for urgent processing through the email address that you provided but it says the email is not valid!
can you help me with that please?
Here it is CIC-Telecentre-Contact-PRC-CRP@cic.gc.ca

The previous email has invalid space in there I guess.

toronto_man

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Impresso

how long did it take the case of your your family member to be approved for PR renewal after being forwarded for further review?
and how did they discover the difference in number of days? I always assumed applications go for further review to check if there is a difference and not the otherway around.

was there an issue with this descrepancy?

thanks

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
toronto_man said:
Impresso

how long did it take the case of your your family member to be approved for PR renewal after being forwarded for further review?
and how did they discover the difference in number of days? I always assumed applications go for further review to check if there is a difference and not the otherway around.

was there an issue with this descrepancy?

thanks
We had to submit additional documentation twice - especially requesting entry and exit dates, also time present and time absent. The application is still in process from last - and they said it will take upto August.

Not sure how they discovered or if they discovered - but there are a few days where the family member was out of the country with a Canadian Spouse - they wanted to see proof of relationship and proof of dates outside the country.

SANA96

Jul 7, 2014
Although the status of my application for URGENT processing is still " Not in Process" as it says whenever I check on line but I called them yesterday and they said that they have started processing it. my flight is on next Tuesday and I was wondering if I get my card by that time.

Any ideas?

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
SANA96 said:
Although the status of my application for URGENT processing is still " Not in Process" as it says whenever I check on line but I called them yesterday and they said that they have started processing it. my flight is on next Tuesday and I was wondering if I get my card by that time.

Any ideas?
Will someone check the mail for you? If yes, that person can mail the card to you later, but CIC might need you to pick it up in person as well.

Can you delay your trip? I would not risk it. If you can not, have you considered applying travel document in the country you are visiting?

SANA96

Jul 7, 2014
Thanks for your comments,

My return ticket is on Aug 19th and I am not sure if I could get travel document by then, so I will have to wait and see what happens,
It is sort of weird to me that they say processing of my application has been started but it does not show up on line!